• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fakebook flags Declaration of Independence as hate speech

“The phrasing “serves as another example of the American Revolution’s mixed legacy; one that won crucial liberties for a certain segment of the population, while continuing to deny those same liberties to Native Americans and African slaves. But by allowing the less controversial parts of the declaration to be shared while deleting the reference to ‘Indian savages,’ Facebook succeeds only in whitewashing America’s founding just as we get ready to celebrate it,” he wrote.

——-

This is why Reason is one of the few right leaning websites worth a read.

shielding people from the contents of historical documents is to treat people like children

yet another pile of leftist pc shit

Yes, because keeping people in the dark about important events is leftist. You really need some self reflection rube.

Well if you actually read the article you can see that it was an algorithm that did that and when Facebook reviewed it they allowed the post and issued an apology. This also happened with a bunch of trump fans when NPR posted the Declaration of Independence on July 4th accusing NPR of partisanship. What was their excuse?

Last edited:
Well if you actually read the article you can see that it was an algorithm that did that and when Facebook reviewed it they allowed the post and issued an apology. This also happened with a bunch of trump fans when NPR posted the Declaration of Independence on July 4th accusing NPR partisanship. What was their excuse?

ask them, as far as I am concerned there is no excuse, algorithm or otherwise

it should be pretty obvious to intelligent and educated people that applying contemporary pc algorithms to historical documents in order to censor them for adults is inane

The purpose of the algorithm isn't to interpret historical documents. What percentage of Facebook posts are historical documents?

The purpose of the algorithm isn't to interpret historical documents. What percentage of Facebook posts are historical documents?

All of my Facebook posts are future historical documents.

it should be pretty obvious to intelligent and educated people that applying contemporary pc algorithms to historical documents in order to censor them for adults is inane

There is no excuse for this post. I’m pretty sure sailor thought Facebook just had a team of recent liberal arts grads scrolling right wing Facebook looking for posts to flag.

Even I understand algorithms better than you. The algorithms are created and then applied to everything. They aren't created to stop historical documents. All the program sees is a group of words.

Back