• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

fan base divided

Without Pele the others may or may not have existed, but they certainly would have far less visibility.

The Beatles were greater than Chuck Berry, but who knows if they would have existed without him.

yeah and who knows if chuck berry would have existed without marty mcfly

Your attempts to divide the admins of this board from its mods is both transparent and pathetic. Get off it loony tune, and get on some meds

I'm not trying to divide it all. I'm showing them they can do even more than they have already done.

Why be happy being a club fighter when you can be world champion?

After the 3rd board is created, depending on the numbers of defections from boards 1 and 2, we may need a 4th spillover board for the purely neutral.

I see board 5 combining those two, with boards 6 and 7 adding the original straggling users from the DS and OGB.

Board 8 would be a temporary staging ground for what would finally combine all of our powers for the ultimate board....

BOARD 10

What happened to 9? Board 10 would be so awesome that we skip right over that shit.

Board 10. Let's do this. http://www.WakeBX.com IS AVAILABLE.

Pos Rep for hilarious post.

I'm done over there.

Changed to random password I have already forgotten, final posted and signed out.

One of the more interesting trends since the move is the demise of Politics discussion. The old boards Politics board is even deader than before and this Politics board hasn't taken off yet. It will be interesting to see what happens when the election season heats up though.

The thread on the free boards about Grobe's talk in Charlotte is a great example of how quickly opposing viewpoints are shouted down.

Last edited:
One of the more interesting trends since the move is the demise of Politics discussion. The old boards Politics board is even deader than before and this Politics board hasn't taken off yet. It will be interesting to see what happens when the election season heats up though.

Is that why rj is in such a tizzy over these boards recently?

This board is better because of better posters, software and more traffic, but it will be hard for it to be as good as the old, undivided community, at least not until the rest of the stragglers (minus rulz) migrate over as well, which I hope happens at some point.

Handed out some pos rep for good/funny posts throughout this thread, but it's about time for it to die. This board can clearly stand on its own now and doesn't need to prop itself up on making fun of what DS thinks of it. As long as DS is still the standard of comparison then this place hasn't really come into its own, IMO.

ZDeac, I understand your sentiment, but only a few people have been over here for even a month. It's going to take time to fully separate in terms of discussion.

Isn't this actually the third board, or are we just not counting Rivals?

I welcome the appearance of the OGB board, because it's always a good thing to have a variety of outlets for people to voice their opinions and share information. The look and functionality of OGB is great. Also, it's great to have a search feature--that should be a basic function of any message board.

I have nothing against the DS board, but I understand why some people felt the need to start a new board. Nothing wrong with freedom of association. I'll try to read both boards and I'll post photos in both places. I hope to see both boards prosper.

The thread on the free boards about Grobe's talk in Charlotte is a great example of how quickly opposing viewpoints are shouted down.

Thanks for the heads up on that thread. Pissed that Rusty spoke instead of Bz. Had no desire to have Bz bore me last night, but would have gone to hear Rusty and Grobe probably. Anybody know why Bz wasn't there? He was scheduled to according to an e-mail the school sent out Monday.

Welcome BobHWS. Look forward to your posts and pictures.

Isn't this actually the third board, or are we just not counting Rivals?

I actually have a logon there, but I haven't used it in years. I don't even know what it was. Someone else had already gotten 92.

I do like Premium on DS. The folks there are a good bunch and it is nice to get inside info that I can put an extra level of trust towards. They do a good job and their intentions are true. They take a LOT of flack - most of it undeserved - and a lot of times I wish some folks who post there would stop instigating for the sake of it. It's pretty gay.

My biggest problem is not necessarily this board or the previous free board, it is just level of negativity that runs rampant.

I am glad to see that this board has calmed down a bit, but I still think the other place was better as it was one-stop shopping for all interested Wake fans and I will continue to post there. Also I hate the colors of this board.

I also think some (emphasis on some) of the younger posters (students/<25, etc) on this board can, at times, talk out of their asses a bit and lack maturity and the benefit of a longer history and experience as a Wake fan.

I am not old by any means, but I can see the straight-up MIRACLES that Ron W. has done for Wake Forest athletics across the board and he gets a unfair shake here....and it kinda pisses me off.

I think one of the disadvantages of this board will be that people will still be over at DS to look at recruit profiles, official visit schedules, etc., that Scout offers. That's just going to naturally bring people to their message boards.

I think both boards offer something different, and I wouldn't know why it was bad to read both. I have a lot of time to kill at work.

Back