• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fans who want to fire Grobe ...

We have a search function. Find them.

Those closest thing I can find to bud agreeing with socal is this:

Originally Posted by BudatWake
Not a great evening for the staff. As a matter of fact, the last half of the season was not very good. Losing 5 out of 6 is not a good way to end the season. I think the team had more talent than most realize and most of the glaring mistakes surround Lobo. Weak OL and terrible play calling. The only other place Lobo could keep his job would be as a weatherman. I know keeper and his crowd are just ecstatic we won 6 games. But we should have won at least 8, but .500 satisfies a lot of LOWF fans. Opps, we aren't .500 just .461

A cursory search of his posts yields tons of fire lobo, but I didn't see anything that looked remotely like fire Grobe. This was, however, a 30 second cursory search.

Anybody who thinks Grobe should be fired is an idiot. Is he perfect in every aspect of coaching, no, but who is. Yesterday I watched Mark Richt go brain dead and settle for a 43 yard field goal in overtime with a shaky kicker and the Winconsin coach (who before the game I commented to my wife that I didn't think he was very smart) completely brain fart away a critical timeout and allow time to run out because he was dumb enough to call for a spike with 2 seconds left!!!!! In fact, I think after yesterday I really understand what Grobe means when he says he's not real emotional on the sidelines because emotion can mess up your judgement. The Wisconsin coach got emotional on the touchback call because of the crowd reaction instead of realizing the official was right there on the call and it probably wasn't worth wasting a timeout on anyway.

The only way to truly appreciate what Grobe has done here is to look back at the history of Wake football. That's not to say I don't think he should shake his staff at times or that I think he's earned the right to be here until he wants to leave even if we go 4-8 the next 5 years. However, for anybody to even think he should be fired now, is a moron or socaldeac, which is the same thing.

That "shaky kicker" has scored more points for UGA than anyone ever.

Not saying Richt coached a perfect game, just arguing the shakiness of the kicker.

I was around for the Dooley and Caldwell years. Grobe has taken our team to levels we never dreamed. Yeah, the end of the season was disappointing and I hoped we'd do better. But, I still believe that we've got the best man for the job.

As for basketball... we need somebody much, much better.

Not saying Richt coached a perfect game, just arguing the shakiness of the kicker.

Walsh wound up 21 for 35 on FGs this year. It was a questionable decision

Its good to see Grobe get so much support on this thread, and its good to know that others consider socal an idiot for wanting Grobe fired.

socaldeac is one of the few people who want to see Grobe, and definitely the most vocal, gone and he was a big Dino supporter.

Its good to see Grobe get so much support on this thread, and its good to know that others consider socal an idiot for wanting Grobe fired.

I don't agree with him about wanting Grobe gone but I don't think he's an idiot.

Yeah, but his percentage for the year wasn't that great was it??? Just settling for a 42 yarder instead of trying to get at least in chip shot range was a pretty stupid decision by what I consider a pretty good coach.

Dino needed to be fired Grobe does not.

I am a state fan. I haven't read the thread, but why would a school with one of the smallest enrollments wanna fire him? Y'all are one of the most well-coached teams in the country. What else do you want? A top ten recruiting class?

this

bid is once again showing what a moran he is.

if you call someone a moron, it would be wise to know how to spell "moron"

moran-7512.jpg

Last edited:
if you call someone a moron, it would be wise to know how to spell "moron"

If you're going to make fun of someone for misspelling moron on a message board, it would be wise to assume that they know the difference and are using the misspelling in an ironic way (see your photo...that you've now deleted).

Back