• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantasy Baseball (League Full - Draft Time)

6x6 would have the following categories:

Batting: Average, OBP, HR, RBI, R, SB

Pitching: Quality Starts, K, ERA, WHIP, Holds, Saves

I'm not trying to start any sort of age old debate, but I vastly prefer quality starts to wins for pitching as a fantasy stat.

Agreed...weekly is the way to go. Weekly H2H points leagues are the best, imo.

If weekly is the deal count me in. If it's daily I won't be a good participant because I won't be able to keep up over the course of an entire season.

Weekly lineups are too easy/lazy ( I get it), but guys are definitely not as active and will be gone by the 4th if their team is tanking. Daily encourages and rewards those that follow the game and are vested. But, each their own so I will lurk and see who wins.

Yeah I wish there were a mix between weekly/daily given the strong feelings some have expressed about each.

I will play either...just saying that having done both, weekly is imo the better way.

If we play for a few $$, a good way to keep everyone involved is to have the person who finishes dead last having to pay the entry fee of the person who finishes second to last. That has worked in a few of the leagues I have been in...

I also like QS instead of W. I have done daily lineups before and while I was pretty active, it definitely slipped my mind a few times. In the end, I’ll play either way.

I am happy to bow out - probably in too many leagues as it is and it sounds like most of the guys on the page favor the weekly concept. I hope we can use this page as a place to talk fantasy baseball throughout the season as well and good luck!

I’ll set a league up this weekend. Thinking H2H 5/5 or 6/6 categories. Nothing wild just a relatively normal 12 team league with a draft. If anyone is vehemently opposed and people agree let me know

Bump for numbers.

Set this up last week and forgot to post here. If you're interested send me your email and I'll send an invite.

It's weekly and 6/6. We can change any settings that are necessary once we fill the league up.

Set this up last week and forgot to post here. If you're interested send me your email and I'll send an invite.

It's weekly and 6/6. We can change any settings that are necessary once we fill the league up.

OBP and Avg seems redundant with the difference being walks? Why not just count walks instead of OBP. Or just OBP, and replace AVG with another category, like Slugging or Extra base hits to give a little extra weight to doubles/triples vs singles.

Four invites out. Still 7 spots open.

I'm open to another batting category than average. I'd prefer to have OBP stay over average if it's either/or. Open to thoughts.

I'd be down to do OBP and Slugging as the last two categories dropping average.

Numbers...do we need to go find a few more players?

We have five in right now and a sixth invite is out. I'll update thread that we're looking for more managers. I'd like 12 but if we roll with 10 then that's where we are.

We have 9 in right now so we either need 1 or 3. Sorry I was delayed on this - was out of the country for the last week. I'm hoping to have the draft some time next week - let me know when works well for those currently in the league. Also PM me your email if you're interested in jumping in.

Let me know if anyone else has a buddy or someone that's interested. If we get one more, I'll see if I can bump it to a 10 team league.

Bump one more time - need one more person to sign up and then we can set a draft date in the next week or so. We have 9 people right now.

Back