• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

Yes. Why wouldn't I? Am I missing some late-breaking news or something?

I mentioned a while back that Seattle was flirting with the idea of a 6 man rotation. They are wanting to cut down the innings of starters...especially FH. Thought it was over when they reassigned the pitcher (Elias) that was battling with Walker. Now they have added another pitcher named Tyler Olson. Fantrax is only showing Felix with 1 start next week. I may drop Felix for Wainwright before the deadline.

Thanks. I wasn't aware of that. I had not even looked at Fantrax' team roster schedule. The only other SP on my bench who is getting two starts is Tyson Ross, so I guess I will put him in for Felix. That will also give me enough money to upgrade Neil Walker to either Goldschmidt or Carlos Gomez.

Of course nothing is for certain. I just read that a 6 man rotation was still possible then they added a pitcher. I pretty much decided not to drop Felix for Wainwright at this late date. If the 6 man rotation even happens it might be short lived if they are not winning. Plus Wainwright is still a question mark at a premium price.

I am looking at just 9-10 starts the first week. That is just crazy....never happened before!

Threw a team in last minute....only available league was rookie #7

This is crazy! Teams making a blockbuster trade like that a couple of hours before the roster deadline. Thanks a million to Diego Tiger for the heads-up. I had to make a roster replacement and 4 double moves on 4 teams...but I got in under the wire. I was afraid that the deadline was 7 PM, but it's 8 PM.

Dropped Benoit for Kimbrel...but had to put Neil Walker back in to make cap. It also bumped my roster total to $43.41M, which is now 530K above my new neutral number of $42.88K (which was lowered when I got a much more expensive closer)....when it's really best to be about 500K below that number.

I may just leave it there, though, until I can adjust it with my first couple of purchases. In the meantime, it just means that I might have a few problems getting all of my best hitters in the lineup at times. Though by starting the season with 14 SPs, I've got a lot of flexibility with my pitchers. Still have 30 minutes to go if I want to drop a hitter for a cheaper one to lower that total.

Most hectic start to a season that I can remember!

I know you had to make a move, but picking up Kimbrel at the last minute seems extreme at 500k.

Only moves I made on the final day was a double switch: dropped Alex Cobb, who is on the DL with forearm soreness (never good), and Rizzo. Picked up Abreu and Andrew Cashner (820k)

Only 8 starts from my pitchers this week, which kind of sucks. But I'm still starting all my higher priced arms... hope I get 8 quality starts

This morning Fantrax has gone back to showing Felix with two starts this week. Since the Cardinals only play 5 games this week after playing yesterday, I put Felix in the "swing pitcher" spot for Rosenthal and went with 7 SPs (14 starts) & 3 closers this week. The only other change I had to do to make cap was put Neil Walker in for Jose Reyes at DH. That worked out nicely....benching a closer whose team is only playing 5 games for a #1 SP who is getting 2 starts.

(Rosenthal got off to a great start last night, striking out all three batters he faced. If he can cut down his walks and avoid getting behind in the count, he could have a great year...with 90 to 100 Ks. He had a 11:1 K:BB ratio in ST for 9 innings.)

Wainwright looked pretty sharp last night. Rizzo couldn't get close to hitting his curve ball.

14 guys in my league own Kris Bryant. 56%

less than I expected

ETA: only 1 person has Michael Brantley. That's a shock

Can you guys remind me again of the easiest way to cut and paste your roster on here? Or do you keep track of it in excel as well? Thinking of BKF's post above.

Almost too embarrassed to post this, but I realized last night that Yu Darvish was on my starting roster. Dude isn't going to pitch this year..... Therefore I'll be starting my season with only 16 purchases(got Cueto). My only excuse is that I was super busy this weekend. Still shouldn't have had him with all the preparation I had been doing the past month+

Yep, looks like that guy is off to a good start. Maybe he won't be hitting 7th all year....particularly against right-handers. Of course, Cargo is having a good game, too. And this is a road game.....but Milwaukee is a pretty good hitters' park as well. And Brewers' pitching sucks.

Tulo, Arenado & Dickerson update: Middle of the 4th.... 8 for 9, 2 HRs, 7 runs scored & 9 RBIs

That is a big day but about everyone has those guys. I am the only team (gold) that has Pujols. Encarnacion, the player I dropped for him has already homered.

ACTIVE
Pos Player Salary
C d'Arnaud, Travis C,UT - NYM 650,000
C Grandal, Yasmani C,UT - LAD 610,000
1B Abreu, Jose 1B,UT - CHW 1,430,000
1B Hosmer, Eric 1B,UT - KC 1,080,000
2B Gyorko, Jedd 2B,UT - SD 750,000
2B Odor, Rougned 2B,UT - TEX 710,000
3B Machado, Manny 3B,UT - BAL 950,000
3B Seager, Kyle 3B,UT - SEA 1,190,000
SS Bogaerts, Xander SS,UT - BOS 690,000
SS Segura, Jean SS,UT - MIL 870,000
OF Betts, Mookie OF,UT - BOS 720,000
OF Gomez, Carlos OF,UT - MIL 1,410,000
OF Harper, Bryce OF,UT - WAS 1,100,000
OF Heyward, Jason OF,UT - STL 1,090,000
OF Stanton, Giancarlo OF,UT - MIA 1,580,000
OF Yelich, Christian OF,UT - MIA 1,000,000
UT McCutchen, Andrew OF,UT - PIT 1,640,000
UT Trout, Mike OF,UT - LAA 1,770,000
SP Gray, Sonny SP,P - OAK 1,010,000
SP Hutchison, Drew SP,P - TOR 760,000
SP Kershaw, Clayton SP,P - LAD 1,720,000
SP Miller, Shelby SP,P - ATL 870,000
SP Odorizzi, Jake SP,P - TB 760,000
SP Price, David SP,P - DET 1,310,000
RP Cishek, Steve RP,P - MIA 1,130,000
RP Melancon, Mark RP,P - PIT 1,100,000
RP Perkins, Glen RP,P - MIN 1,090,000
P Samardzija, Jeff SP,P - CHW 1,010,000
Total 30,000,000

RESERVE
Player Salary
Mesoraco, Devin C,UT - CIN 860,000
Encarnacion, Edwin 1B,UT - TOR 1,190,000
Wong, Kolten 2B,UT - STL 780,000
Bryant, Kris 3B,UT - CHC 560,000
Castro, Starlin SS,UT - CHC 990,000
Marte, Starling OF,UT - PIT 1,070,000
Ozuna, Marcell OF,UT - MIA 980,000
Archer, Chris SP,P - TB 810,000
Arrieta, Jake SP,P - CHC 930,000
Cole, Gerrit SP,P - PIT 920,000
Duffy, Danny SP,P - KC 790,000
Strasburg, Stephen SP,P - WAS 1,170,000
Total 11,050,000

Nobody in my gold league has either Pujols or Cabrera. (I dropped Pujols for Lind. LOL....nobody else has Lind, either.)

I have 5 SPs going this afternoon and so far they are all doing well: 14 innings, 19 Ks, 1.26 ERA & 0.488 WHIP. (Hope they can finmish the day off close to that.)

I think your last day or so decisions will change your season outlook. Not having Tulo/Cueto/Kluber may well have really hurt you being they are all well owned. Tulo especially, you just have to ride that horse until he breaks down. He is just too good when healthy not to have him. (just hope he doesn't get traded)

A lot of teams in my Gold felt like me about Brantley...think only 2 teams own him. Seems position players are the same on about everyone's team

Bullpens are blowing wins for my SPs. San Diego couldn't get to Kimbrel to save Shields' win, and the Reds set-up guys just blew Cueto's win.

The Cueto blown win really has me shaking my head. The Reds keep saying they will use Chapman for 2 innings in these type situations....never do. Guess I still have a chance for a win with Chapman. Scherzer pitched a great game too with errors taking away a chance for a win/save for me.

I agree with everything you said in that post. I think those last day changes may have saved my season....or at least kept me from falling into an early hole that I would have had to expend several purchases to climb out of. That's why I try to never close my mind about changing a player, even in cases where I had really strong opinions to the contrary. Brantley & Tulo are two good examples of that....going both ways.

(Glad I dropped Samardzija earlier, too.)

I dropped Samardzija because of days like today. If you weren't watching you can read about it....melted down and lost it between the ears.

Boston spends a bunch of money to get back to where they were, and this is their ace? (has had a good spring) He sure thinks he is back to his old self. This is the kind of thing that drives me crazy. Fool's gold or a missed opportunity on my part.?

I know it was Philly, but he pitched 7 scoreless innings with 9 k's today. 3 hits and 1 walk

Although the standings mean absolutely nothing now...and won't for awhile yet...I'm actually off to a nice, solid start across the board: 9th in my gold league, 5th/7th/8th in my three rookie leagues...and I'm actually 3rd in my bronze points league, even though I don't have much of an idea about what I am doing there.

They don't mean a lot, but a good start if good for your well being if nothing else. lol (keeps you from thinking too much) I was in last place last year after the first day. Started out today falling like a rock while batting well over .500. Then moved up to 4th and fell back to the middle of the pack last time I looked. I have been checking the competition some to see if I missed anything along with the mistakes they might have made. The overall winner in the Rookie league got burnt with Benoit.

Back