• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fantrax/CDM Fantasy Sports

I'm from Indiana, so anything Bob Knight is usually as good as a Yahtzee! Bud and I have a very unusual/unique internet relationship. Never meet the guy, but we have been giving each other hell since 1997. You probably remember that year....(your momma was still wiping your nose among other things.) Anyway, we have become friends since both of us are too hard headed to ever say uncle. I have given him more shit then you and all your friends combined. We co-exist when we are talking about fantasy baseball. When we stray away from that all hell can break loose. A good example is when I didn't understand why he wasn't pulling for Phil in the British Open. I somehow was questioning his Patriotism.? Somebody suggested that he was was copying and pasting that speech. I have to agree he could use some new material....I know that one by heart. I also know that he has served his country, family, community, and friends more than most people ever do. We disagree on so many things, but he has earned my respect. Of course that doesn't mean I won't make fun of him from time to time. That's what we are here for.

I don't think he's ever posted anything even remotely as reasonable as that, ace.

The shot that Billy Packer hit to force overtime against St Josephs in the first round of the 1962 Eastern Regional was basically a carbon copy of the shot that Delaney Rudd hit against DePaul to force overtime in the 1984 Midwest Regional (also in the first round of the regional). Billy Packer was a great guard for Wake Forest. Many WF fans (almost all of whom never saw him play) don't like him for some reason.....but without Billy Packer, Wake Forest would still be looking for its first-ever Final Four.

Let's try to keep this thread on topic, please.

I'm from Indiana, so anything Bob Knight is usually as good as a Yahtzee! Bud and I have a very unusual/unique internet relationship. Never meet the guy, but we have been giving each other hell since 1997. You probably remember that year....(your momma was still wiping your nose among other things.) Anyway, we have become friends since both of us are too hard headed to ever say uncle. I have given him more shit then you and all your friends combined. We co-exist when we are talking about fantasy baseball. When we stray away from that all hell can break loose. A good example is when I didn't understand why he wasn't pulling for Phil in the British Open. I somehow was questioning his Patriotism.? Somebody suggested that he was was copying and pasting that speech. I have to agree he could use some new material....I know that one by heart. I also know that he has served his country, family, community, and friends more than most people ever do. We disagree on so many things, but he has earned my respect. Of course that doesn't mean I won't make fun of him from time to time. That's what we are here for.

Well said. BKF would really like to keep the conversation on topic though. How is your outfield?

Well said. BKF would really like to keep the conversation on topic though. How is your outfield?

Just groovey....I accept the suspension even though I am not guilty! Put me in coach, I am ready to play...center field.

Wednesday was a really strange day. Kind of made me think of the U S Open. (You know everyone is going to have their problems, so don't get discouraged if you make a couple of bogeys, etc.) At one point last night my mid-season team was 1 for 22, but when I checked the standings I was still right where I began the day. When the night was over, my team was still hitting only .180 for the day, with only 1 HR, no stolen bases & zero pitching stats. I was shocked when I checked the standings and saw that not only had I moved into 4th place, but had come all the way to 5.5 points out of 2nd place (from 20.5 points out of 2nd beginning the day). Those guys ahead of me must have had some horrendous numbers yesterday!

1 GrandSlam 210.5
2 Chavez 187
3 Rookie 182
4 Bob Knight Fan 181.5
5 Armed 179.5
6 Becketts 179
7 YAZBAZ I 166.5
8 Northcoast 164

I gained ground, too. Haven't checked but expect it had to do with Strasburg. My pitching stats were so poor that it is easy to gain in era/whip/SO

This isn't quite fantasy baseball, but it's close! :eek:hnoes:

You guys don't play fantasy football, right? The silver game is intriguing....$150 but only league prizes and only top three at that....but leagues are only 12 teams....

Though I will continue to do everything I can with my rookie league team, my outlook there isn't good. With zero purchases left, one player suspended for the year, one player in the minors, two starting pitchers out indefinitely and 3 or 4 other guys currently injured, there is not a lot I can do. Even a wildly ambitious 3rd place finish would only pay $60. So my focus obviously needs to be with my mid-season team, which has a $2,000/$1,000/$500 top three finish well within reach.

With nine weeks still to play, it is far too early to be worrying about what teams around me are doing....but if I'm going to have a chance at the $2,000 first place prize, I'm probably going to have to focus on GrandSlam at some point down the road. I did a 40-man roster comparison with his team last night, just out of curiosity. We have 11 different players. He is carrying a 13th SP & a 3rd catcher, while I am carrying a 4th first baseman & a 9th outfielder. He has 4 purchases left to my three, but unless he decides to play short a closer for an indefinite period, he's going to hve to use that extra purchase to replace Grilli. Here are the 11 different players we have, with his player on the left:

Robinson Cano - Brandon Phillips
Evan Longoria - Josh Donaldson
Ian Desmond - Hanley Ramirez
Jose Bautista - Lawrence McCutcheon
Justin Upton - Carlos Gomez
Yasiel Puig - Starling Marte
Stephen Strasburg - Jordan Zimmerman
John Lackey - Clay Bucholz
Jason Grilli - Mariano Rivera
Chris Sale - Joey Votto
Willin Rosario - Hunter Pence

Who the fuck is Lawrence McCutcheon?

should i trade tim hudson and grilli if my opponent is too stupid to know they are hurt? is there something morally wrong with this or is it a savvy move?

Ace has never played it. I played the NFL every year until 3 or 4 years ago, but it was always overlapping baseball, so I stopped. I was pretty much losing interest in the NFL anyway. I'm the kind of guy who keys on particular people to retain my interest....like Bob Knight for college basketball. Brett Favre was that guy for me in the NFL. I haven't even watched any NFL games since he retired.

That bkf is a Favre fan is the least surprising thing I learned today.

#integrity
#sportsmanship
#class
#notattoos

jenn-sterger-jets_display_image.jpg

i don't really fault him, except for the fact that his wife had cancer and that he had a wife. other than that, totally cool

Aceeight, what are your thoughts on Orange Julius, or just smoothies in general?

i don't really fault him, except for the fact that his wife had cancer and that he had a wife. other than that, totally cool

For sure. Sending dick pics is the most American thing you can do. Having a wife when you do it? Questionable.

Would your league commissioner allow a trade like that to go thru? Some leagues would disallow a trade like that, thinking there might be some collusion involved to strengthen a friend's team. I only play roto budget leagues, not head-to-head leagues where each player is only owned by one person, so I'm not sure what your league rules are in a situation like that.

yeah i just got a message from the commish, he thinks me and the Fighting Purple Pandas are in cahoots. Son of a bitch I was just trying to Billy Beane 'em!

Back