• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Christmas Carols (Religious)

IamThunderbolt

Reaction score
my top 3:

O Holy Night
O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Hark the Herald Angels Sing

Honerable mention:
The Friendly Beasts

Songs I love a particular version of:

Christopher Williams does a version of Silent Night to the tune of Christ the Lord is Risen today which is amazing

and Barenaked Ladies/sarah McLaughlin's God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

My top 3 matches Thunderbolts. I like The First Noel a lot too.

I had to do a rendition of In the Bleak Midwinter about a million times on the Oboe that was ridiculously stupid, so I don't like that one anymore.

In the Bleak Midwinter

O Come, O Come Emmanuel

Once in Royal David's City

Bring a Torch, Jeannette, Isabelle

Silent Night (in German)

We Three Kings of Orient Are (brings back great memories of the church Christmas pageant with my brother in a bathrobe with a towel on his head......every year)

Last edited:
In the Bleak Midwinter
Angels We Have Heard On High
O Holy Night
Silent Night (there is nothing more beautiful than singing this at the 11 pm Christmas Eve service with everyone holding a candle)
Joy to the World
Lo, How a Rose E'er Blooming

my favorite is the same for both religious and secular

(hilariously bad film-school video optional)

O Come, O Come Emmanuel
Hark the Herald Angels Sing
O Holy Night
Silent Night
Joy to the World

Mary Did You Know

This is best version of this song and my personal all time favorite Christmas song. From the comments on youtube I am not alone.

O Holy Night (Josh Groban singing this gets me every time)
O Come O Come, Emmanuel
Silent Night (especially at the candlelight service, when you raise your candle at 'light')

I really don't dislike any carol, but those three are just awesome. Makes me excited for a Christmas service.

Back