• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite coffee

find a local coffee shop that roasts their own coffee (or retails for a local roaster) and get it fresh.

Yeah fresh roasted is best.

In lieu of that, HT Traders whole bean is my usual daily drinker for like $5.50/12oz. And sometimes if you're lucky you can find bags that were roasted just a few days prior and still have that oil sheen.

Before long, Peet's will own everything that is good.

For everyday coffe, I really like Caribou Mahogany.

ewww kcups

i usually buy ritual or phillz. not sure where you can get them outside the bay area.

Can't beat Keurig quality

Lol

How about that dude on the old board that was super evangelical about roasting your own beans and then started his own coffee company? Kinda want to try roasting my own.

Yeah sterldog. He sent me a sample of his coffee once, it was damn tasty.

Lol

How about that dude on the old board that was super evangelical about roasting your own beans and then started his own coffee company? Kinda want to try roasting my own.

I roasted my own beans for a while with an old air popcorn popper. It actually works and can be really accurate once you learn the process. I eventually graduated to a real (home) roaster, but eventually lost interest. Buying different beans and making different roasts was fun for a while, but ..... my interests changed.

TAB - I don't remember if I ever thanked you for the Spitfire rec in Nola. That place was legit, and we ended up going there 2 or 3 times on our trip.

My favorite coffee was called Costa Rica Tres Rios from Fresh Market, but they stopped carrying it and other "costa rica" or "tres rios" hasn't been as good.

My two cheap favorites are:
(Costco)
71T2TPZFksL._SY355_.jpg

(Anywhere)
519uCHjQ84L._AC_UL320_SR190,320_.jpg

I will also pick up the Fresh Market Anniv. Blend

Back