• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite (easy) Recipe

Also thinking of making Rice Krispy Treats with them too (speaking of easy recipes)

Making this tonight (easy and relatively healthy):

Baked Chicken
Ingredients:

5-6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 can of cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup
1/3 cup of milk
Paprika
Parsley

Directions:

Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees. Place the chicken breasts in a pyrex dish. Sprinkle paprika on each chicken breast (use however much you want). In a separate bowl, mix together the cream of mushroom soup, 1/3 cup of milk, and parsley (again the amount is at your discretion). Pour the mixture over each chicken breast evenly. Cover the dish in aluminum foil and cook for 20-25 minutes. Take the dish out of the oven and remove the aluminum foil. Continue baking for another 10-15 minutes. Let cool and enjoy!

It goes well with brown rice

Here's an easy one that's great- poppyseed chicken:

3 or 4 chicken breasts

1 can of cream of chicken soup (or I use cream if mushroom sometimes)
1 8oz sour cream
2 cups crushed ritz crackers
1 stick butter
Poppyseeds

Boil chicken breasts with a cut up onion if you have it. Once cooked, cut up or shred chicken into fairly small pieces 1 inch or so.

Mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream in mixing bowl. Mix in chicken.
Spread that in a casserole dish.

Crush up ritz crackers and then melt the butter and mix the melted butter with the crackers. Top chicken with that, and then sprinkle Poppyseeds all over the top crust. Use more ritz if needed to cover the dish.

Bake at 350 for 30 mins or so.

Viola, enjoy!

Last edited:
Just found a new one

6 can chicken tortilla soup

1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained

Dump it all in a pot, bring to a boil and eat.

It is cooking now. I spiced it up with garlic salt and cumin and also have some tortilla chips and cheddar cheese. Will let you know how it goes.

did the tomato not get mushy? i generally try to wait until the last 5 minutes to add diced tomatoes if i want them to retain their consistency at all. or is this turning it more into a sauce rather than diced tomatoes?

Not too bad. They kept the same form as the are in the can (kind of mushy already).

It was really really good and tasty.

Here's an easy one that's great- poppyseed chicken:

3 or 4 chicken breasts

1 can of cream of chicken soup (or I use cream if mushroom sometimes)
1 8oz sour cream
2 cups crushed ritz crackers
1 stick butter
Poppyseeds

Boil chicken breasts with a cut up onion if you have it. Once cooked, cut up or shred chicken into fairly small pieces 1 inch or so.

Mix cream of chicken soup and sour cream in mixing bowl. Mix in chicken.
Spread that in a casserole dish.

Crush up ritz crackers and then melt the butter and mix the melted butter with the crackers. Top chicken with that, and then sprinkle Poppyseeds all over the top crust. Use more ritz if needed to cover the dish.

Bake at 350 for 30 mins or so.

Viola, enjoy!

we make this all the time. it is absolutely delicious

5-6 thin center cut pork chops
EVOO
flour, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning
white wine
chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
half a bunch of asparagus

Mix flour, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, and dredge chops in flour mixture. Put EVOO in large skillet over medium-high heat and add chops in single layer when pan is hot. Cook until brown on both sides (probably 4 min. each). Cook in two batches if need be.

Remove chops from pan, deglaze with about 1/2 cup white wine. Add mushrooms and asparagus (broken into pieces). Return chops to pan and add enough chicken broth to come up to the middle of the chops. Cover pan and simmer for 20 min. or so. Serve with wild rice.

Just found a new one

6 can chicken tortilla soup

1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
2 (14.5 ounce) cans chicken broth
1 (10 ounce) can chunk chicken
1 (15 ounce) can black beans
1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes with green chile peppers, drained

Dump it all in a pot, bring to a boil and eat.

It is cooking now. I spiced it up with garlic salt and cumin and also have some tortilla chips and cheddar cheese. Will let you know how it goes.

Follow up...

This was actually pretty good especially given the effort. The cheese and the chips were a nice touch.

5-6 thin center cut pork chops
EVOO
flour, salt and pepper, Italian seasoning
white wine
chicken broth
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
half a bunch of asparagus

Mix flour, salt and pepper, and Italian seasoning, and dredge chops in flour mixture. Put EVOO in large skillet over medium-high heat and add chops in single layer when pan is hot. Cook until brown on both sides (probably 4 min. each). Cook in two batches if need be.

Remove chops from pan, deglaze with about 1/2 cup white wine. Add mushrooms and asparagus (broken into pieces). Return chops to pan and add enough chicken broth to come up to the middle of the chops. Cover pan and simmer for 20 min. or so. Serve with wild rice.

Mmm this looks awesome. I'm on a huge asparagus kick right now!

When is it in season? I don't know that I've ever had bad asparagus but I've only been craving it the last week or so.

When is it in season? I don't know that I've ever had bad asparagus but I've only been craving it the last week or so.

I think you can get decent asparagus pretty much year-round now. I am picky about my asparagus so I won't buy it if the stalks aren't fairly small (no bigger around than my pinky). It's truly in-season locally in May-June, I think.

I love asparagus too (my whole family does) but I have to buy it fresh. I have no beef with frozen veggies in general but I can't handle frozen asparagus. And canned...:rulz:

I think you can get decent asparagus pretty much year-round now. I am picky about my asparagus so I won't buy it if the stalks aren't fairly small (no bigger around than my pinky). It's truly in-season locally in May-June, I think.

I love asparagus too (my whole family does) but I have to buy it fresh. I have no beef with frozen veggies in general but I can't handle frozen asparagus. And canned...:rulz:

I may be in the minority, but I definitely prefer thinner asparagus versus the really thick stalks.

Canned? I've never had frozen or canned. I guess I've lead a pretty sheltered asparagus life.

I especially love the way HTTD makes it (boiled with EVOO & some seasoning) and the way my mom makes it (with this yummy ranch/dill sauce).

I may be in the minority, but I definitely prefer thinner asparagus versus the really thick stalks.

i don't THINK that's the minority viewpoint. but if it is, i'm with you. i don't like the thick stalks either (somehow i feel like there's an inappropriate joke here...).

and totally agree on frozen/canned asparagus. i like keeping frozen veggies because i have a habit of letting my life get nuts and skipping dinners or eating out or something, and then fresh veggies go bad. so i tried buying frozen asparagus once. it was pretty gross. i won't do that again.

has anyone said a "smore" yet?

Made this over the weekend:

b39395d8-ae68-4109-a4d5-f504250e3010.jpg

1 pouch sugar cookie mix
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 cup melted butter/margarine
3 cups chocolate chips
4.5 cups mini marshmallows

Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13x9-inch pan.

Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.

Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted.

i don't THINK that's the minority viewpoint. but if it is, i'm with you. i don't like the thick stalks either (somehow i feel like there's an inappropriate joke here...).

For me the thick stalks are too much like wood. :couch:

Back