• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Jay-Z song...

I will be doing some work for Mr. Z soon. I'll post about it when it's public.

his divorce?

"As he danced and flirted with beautiful women, Jay-Z hardly looked like a married man — and new father." As he partied at Catch in New York with Diddy and Swizz Beatz, "he had several girls at his table and offered all of them drinks." With "Beyoncé nowhere in sight," he chatted up "a gorgeous brunette" as he "dropped more than $20,000 at the club. He was in a great mood." But the never-angry-in-public-except-when-she's-performing Beyoncé is less than thrilled. "As the rapper's boozy nights on the town become more and more frequent, and exhausted Beyoncé is burning the midnight oil on baby duty." Yes, I'm sure they don't have any night nurses. "Fed up with Jay-Z's wild ways, the normally peaceful pair recently had a blowout fight in front of friends. She said she was tired and needed his help. She was sick of having sleepless nights while he was out having fun." While Jay promised to chill out, he was back at the club a few days later. "He arrived at 1 a.m. and said he wanted to rage." Hasn't Bey heard "Do It Again"? Jay is headed out on his European tour soon, which gives Knowles more reasons to fret. "Beyoncé lives in fear that her marriage could end in tatters. She sees this perfect life she built with Jay-Z and wonders if she set herself up to fail."

Dead Presidents, the original. Came out right before Reasonable Doubt.

No clue if it is still good, but was my favorite way back when.

remember when JHMD posted a thread about Jay Z songs?

Theory: he accidentally stumbled on Jay Z's Pandora page and was unwittingly #triggered:

"Embodying the rags-to-riches rap dream, Jay-Z pulled himself up by his bootstraps as a youth to eventually become the reigning rapper of New York City and, in turn, a major-label executive following his short-lived retirement from music-making."

http://www.pandora.com/jay-z

And then quickly lost interest as #trigger effect wore off. Notice, we never got his list of favorite Jay Z songs. Conclusion: He does not know any.

Public Service Announcement has always been my favorite, and it's not close. Also love What More Can I Say. Takeover just feels the most memorable, because it seems like he basically says, "aw, fuck it," in the third verse and goes after Nas.

I also have a soft spot just for the general sounds of Big Pimpin and Real As It Gets - nothing rational there...

He's got so much good stuff. How about best collaboration? I'll admit I like the collision course mash up.

Back