• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Karaoke Songs

CDeacMan

Ishmael Smith
Reaction score
So some of my work colleagues and I have been on a few business trips lately, and one of the things we've become bullish on is getting intoxicated and taking over some crappy dive bar's karaoke. If you sell out for your song usually the locals will totally get into it. We've never not had a good time

These are my favorites:
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Army - Ben Folds Five
Closing Time - Semisonic
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - WHAM
Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Counting Blue Cars - Dishwalla

So what are some of the Pit's go-to songs for karaoke?

I would do anything for love - Meatloaf. It's a little long but you never end up singing it alone.

So some of my work colleagues and I have been on a few business trips lately, and one of the things we've become bullish on is getting intoxicated and taking over some crappy dive bar's karaoke. If you sell out for your song usually the locals will totally get into it. We've never not had a good time

These are my favorites:
Flagpole Sitta - Harvey Danger
Army - Ben Folds Five
Closing Time - Semisonic
Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go - WHAM
Wicked Game - Chris Isaak
My Own Worst Enemy - Lit
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Counting Blue Cars - Dishwalla

So what are some of the Pit's go-to songs for karaoke?

I wonder how the bolded one made the list

Eric Carmen is my go to guy. "Hungry Eyes", "Turn the Radio Up (Make me Lose Control)" are always hits w/ the crowd.

this is my new go to if they have it. but i am a terrible singer

Also like these two:

Last edited:
Mr Brightside - Killers
Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash
Tainted Love - Soft Cell
Alive - Pearl Jam
Power of Love - Huey Lewis

rumor has it that palma has a sweet mambo #5. too bad he's never shared that on the boards. oh yeah, he's posted about it 20 times.

Have a buddy that's go to is the Monster Mash, never heard anyone else rock that in the okie.

Werewolves of London
Funky Cold Medina
Amarillo by Morning
I Can Still Make Cheyenne
Promises

war-games-quote1.jpg

Back