• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Scene in the movie "Heat"

Brangus

Reaction score
At least from a comic relief aspect:

In the director commentary, Michael Mann noted that Al Pacino ad-libbed the line "Because she's got a... GREAT ASS!" and Hank Azaria's look of exasperated shock was totally genuine.

When one of the dudes watching De Niro's crew makes the slightest sound from inside the crate and they show De Niro turn toward it framed with the infrared or heat monitor. Then he calls off the job and the team just bails.

I mean, c'mon.

Heat-Coffee-Shop_-Pacino-DeNiro-_first-shared-screen-time-together.jpg

The ending. That movie was a big disappointment considering the star power involved. 10 minutes at a diner table couldn't salvage it.

The heck are you people talking about? That's a great flick.

Tom Sizemore and Val Kilmer laying waste to downtown LA.

b14edb997a0121845d1753f996a0449c.425x279x1.jpg

More specifically, a split second before he starts shooting, Val Kilmer makes the most devilish looking smile directly into the camera.

Also De Niro giving his "We are not interested in your money; your money is insured by the federal government" line during the robbery.

The heck are you people talking about? That's a great flick.

It suffers from the same thing all Michael Mann movies have since Thief-- it's overlong and almost overbearing on the atmospherics. That stuff was great for an hour long show like Miami Vice or Crime Story, but it's hard to pull off in a feature film. He still makes good films, but they're tough to watch in one sitting.

I unabashedly love Heat.

Everything about it.

Favorite scene has to be the shootout downtown. How could it not be?

But also love:
When McCauley kills Van Sant... "Where's Waingro?" "How the fuck should I know?"

Pretty much everything Pacino does in the movie is just great.

Reactions: Ayo
I'm stunned anyone would dislike this movie. Any guy, anyway. To each their own.

It's one of the best surround sound movies with the shootout scene. I played it in surround sound in my parents family room...they have the theater style with the speakers in the 12 foot ceilings of the family room...it's fantastic cranked up.

I don't think anyone dislikes it, just it feels like it should have been epic and wasn't

I mean, c'mon.

Heat-Coffee-Shop_-Pacino-DeNiro-_first-shared-screen-time-together.jpg

This scene was not rehearsed, to make it more spontaneous. They just sat down and did the scene cold off the script. Worked great.

I've never even seen it. Tried to watch it two or three times and never got more than about 20 minutes into it before I bailed and did something else.

Back