• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite single play of All Time for you

Wake play: John Buck's breakaway dunk against Duke (or was it Carolina?)

Non-Wake play: Bobby Stevens' shot at the buzzer in OT putting VT over the Fighting Irish in the 1973 NIT (after missing a shot and then chasing down the long rebound). I think it may have even been on St. Patty's Day, making it even sweeter.

Ish's shot against Tejas, Chill's ACC title winner and Landon Donovan against Algeria are my top 3.

I wasn't a WFU fan when Chill hit the shot but I certainly was rooting against UNC, that was fantastic.

In football, its Jason Anderson's GW catch from MacPherson against UVA in Charlottesville. What an incredible way to shut the Hoos up.

In basketball, the 3 pointer by Justin Gray while doning the mask where he lifted up his arms to the student section against Duke in 2004 was amazeballs. Or any of Antwan Scotts incredible dunks.

For NON-wake purposes, Georgia's 4th and 19 conversion against Auburn in 2002, Michael Johnson caught the TD pass from David Greene as the seconds ticked down. Incredible finish, broke their hearts. They got revenge w/ the Hail Mary bullshit this pass season.

Last edited:
In pro sports, no doubt its when Marquis Grissom caught a soft fly ball in CF to clinch the WS for the Braves in 1995. INCREDIBLE.

Also will add the punt return by Darrell Green against the Bears in the 1987 playoffs, one of the first and earliest incredible moments I remember in my life in regards to sports. Still gives me chillbumps, one of the most incredible individual performances in NFL playoff history.

Al Michaels is pretty good with this call, but I like Bill Hillgrove's better (the Steelers longtime radio guy).

Tiger's chip in on 16 at the 2005 Masters is, I think, the loudest I have ever screamed at a single play.

Skinner's TD reception against Clempson in 06. I'll never forget the look on their fans faces after that play. Unfortunately my least favorite play of all time occurred later on in that game...

when this happened i couldn't believe it

Tyson-vs-Douglas-best-KO-copy-best.jpg

Skinner's TD reception against Clempson in 06. I'll never forget the look on their fans faces after that play. Unfortunately my least favorite play of all time occurred later on in that game...

RIP Gaines Adams. What a gut-punch though.

Pretty easy one for me

I was at that game and this one still hurts. What doesn't show in the box score is that immediately before Leyritz, with runners on first and second, Mariano Duncan hit a two hop ground ball right at Braves shortstop Rafael Belliard who dropped it, picked it up, and only got the out at second. It was a tailor-made DP ball, but the Braves only got one. Even if Leyritz follows with the HR, it should have been 2-run homer and the Braves would have still led 6-5

There are probably a few already mentioned that I would rate higher, but I remember being stoked to see Hank Aaron hit #715. Hank was my favorite athlete at the time and, even as a young kid, I knew I had just watched something historic.

Parody fail. NF teed it up for you beautifully.

Can't pick just one . . .

Basketball - Chill's floater to win the ACC
Baseball - Luis Gonzalez off Mariano Rivera in the bottom of the 9th to win game 7
Football - John Elway's first down run against the Packers

Gibson was mine when i read the thread title. For those not old enough to remember, the As and Eck (in particular) were *unbeatable* that year. They were sposed to roll the dodgers. It was just such a late night, dramatic moment at then end of a tension filled game. I'm not a fan of either team but i remember watching that quite clearly.

Back