• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Favorite Take-out Chinese Dish?

Ive always wanted to get the Pu Pu platter just to say the name. Has anyone ever tried it?

I get it on occasion, but it is generally just a big appetizer plate. At my usual take out place, it comes with shrimp toast, crab rangoons, chicken wings, ribs, sweet and sour shrimp, and egg rolls. I've also seen teriyaki chicken or beef skewers and fried butterflied shrimp as well.

mu shu pork or mu shu anything is always good, but the crepes make it a pain in the ass to eat.

House chow fun with gravy

Obviously if its a run of a mill place, Sesame chicken, mongolian beef, etc.

can't think of the last time I had Chinese takeout. I'd go with fried rice and beef & broccoli though, I guess.

One of my other favorites has got to be Hot and Sour soup. I tried making this one time a few years ago with decent success. So much better than boring Wonton and Egg Drop (although I do like those too...just not as much).

Crab Rangoon makes me wanna vom.

If I don't know where I am (which is rare) then chicken lo mein is the default.

Little Bangkok in the A has a nice version, noodles are just slightly seared and just the right amount of greasiness.

I prolly do more Thai takeout than Chinese.

Back