• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FBI refused White House request to knock down recent Trump-Russia stories

Can Republicans Be Trusted to Investigate Trump's Russia Scandal?

"Langer and the Burr spokespeople also wouldn't say if the House and Senate intelligence committees are coordinating their efforts. Or if either committee has yet issued any subpoenas. Or if the committees will release public updates on the progress of each investigation. This is a red flag. Questions such as these do not involve classified or secret information. The committees could demonstrate their commitment to full accountability by informing the public about these organizational issues. The desire to shield such details does not bode well."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017/02/congress-intelligence-committees-trump-russia

holy fuck at some point all this has got to stop on both sides. Adapt the NFL rules where each party gets x amount of challenges or "investigations" and the other party has to fully comply to everything and anything in a timely fashion. Each investigation that is proves wrongdoing or corruption then the party keeps its "challenges"
The idea is to be completely transparent.

It just wears everyone out in the end and the further we get away from the incident or allegation the more forgotten it becomes or not as big of a deal.

clearly I am joking about challenges but it just never stops. impeach, special investigation, withholding information, testify under oath, redacted info, special privilege. All of it just erodes the confidence of the American people.

holy fuck at some point all this has got to stop on both sides. Adapt the NFL rules where each party gets x amount of challenges or "investigations" and the other party has to fully comply to everything and anything in a timely fashion. Each investigation that is proves wrongdoing or corruption then the party keeps its "challenges"

It just wears everyone out in the end and the further we get away from the incident or allegation the more forgotten it becomes or not as big of a deal.

clearly I am joking about challenges but it just never stops. impeach, special investigation, withholding information, testify under oath, redacted info, special privilege. All of it just erodes the confidence of the American people.

you were completely silent for the past eight years in investigations that went nowhere. You cheered them.

You are the ultimate hypocrite.

lol

This is probably 89's best idea. It doesn't make sense that only one party can call for investigations. Both sides should be able to but with limited resources as incentive to be judicious.

Last edited:
you were completely silent for the past eight years in investigations that went nowhere. You cheered them.

You are the ultimate hypocrite.

I think I am talking about the fatigue of the past 8 years as well numb nuts. It was a non partisan comment

Back