• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Federal judge rejects NFL concussion settlement

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
He says it's not enough money to cover the problem.

This is about to get interesting.

I don't know much about the details of the suit but I really hope it isn't based on former NFL players claiming they didn't know that there was risk of injury from playing football. They also knew there was risk of injuries they didn't even know about...

I don't know much about the details of the suit but I really hope it isn't based on former NFL players claiming they didn't know that there was risk of injury from playing football. They also knew there was risk of injuries they didn't even know about...

crimsonguard101-albums-tempus-picture57097-notsure.jpg

HurrjOo.gif

The NFL did "studies" that denied the problems.

WAT_gif_by_Ryla_Sehn.gif

If the judge voids this settlement, the NFL is going to pay three times as much.

The judge is a she and she is the one who appointed the retired judge to arbitrate the case. There's really no telling where this is going. My understanding is the settlement was for the benefit of the 4000+ players in the suit. Now I'm hearing her concern was the trust would not be large enough for future complaints, which makes no sense to this admittedly law challenged poster.

This thread, the Maryland thread, and the Worrell Center discussion on the sports performance center thread. Don't the lawyers on the board have hours to bill or something?

Back