• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FELLOW DEMON DEACONS! BOYCOTT WAKE BASKETBALL UNTIL [Redacted] IS FIRED!

demongator39

Reaction score
As I'm sure all of you are aware, Wake athletics today announced that they are retaining [Redacted] for yet another year (http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/article_5bc66e48-9639-11e2-9cac-001a4bcf6878.html) I am incredibly distraught by this on a number of levels, but my major problem with this is that Wellman's stance seems to be becoming even more intractable, as if the last 3 years have been vindication for his decision and that the stupid fans and media just can't see it. I'm all for caution because I think that replacing [Redacted] with another [Redacted] would set the program back even further, but there are already some great names out there (Ben Howland) and many more potentials (Shaka Smart). Were any attempts at least made? I hate to say this about my alma mater and a program that has provided me with some unforgettable memories, but when an athletic department has no regard for the desires of the fans and treats them with borderline derision, I see no other option than to boycott Wake basketball until [Redacted] and hopefully Wellman are gone. I'm a recent grad so don't have the financial capability to make a difference, but if enough of us stand up, it may make a difference. I hope that some of you will join me.

Most of us don't even live in that shit hole

It's up to the students and townies

As I'm sure all of you are aware, Wake athletics today announced that they are retaining [Redacted] for yet another year (http://www.journalnow.com/sports/wfu/basketball/article_5bc66e48-9639-11e2-9cac-001a4bcf6878.html) I am incredibly distraught by this on a number of levels, but my major problem with this is that Wellman's stance seems to be becoming even more intractable, as if the last 3 years have been vindication for his decision and that the stupid fans and media just can't see it. I'm all for caution because I think that replacing [Redacted] with another [Redacted] would set the program back even further, but there are already some great names out there (Ben Howland) and many more potentials (Shaka Smart). Were any attempts at least made? I hate to say this about my alma mater and a program that has provided me with some unforgettable memories, but when an athletic department has no regard for the desires of the fans and treats them with borderline derision, I see no other option than to boycott Wake basketball until [Redacted] and hopefully Wellman are gone. I'm a recent grad so don't have the financial capability to make a difference, but if enough of us stand up, it may make a difference. I hope that some of you will join me.

And boo Bz wherever you see him!

Back