• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Bz Campus Grumble (Current Students/Staff)

I am so damn old, I can't remember what the things were called. I guess lounge is what I meant. Do fraternities no longer occupy space in dorms?

Women are in some of those dorms on the quad now, 4thGen.

More and more frequently I see on campus parties being hosted by organizations that bring in inordinate amounts of non-Wake students (typically ones that go to Winston-Salem State). What happened to checking university IDs at the door, as Greek organizations have to do? As a resident of Palmer Residence Hall, located quite close to the barn, I often feel very threatened when large numbers of off-campus guests (such as those brought in by the Black Student Association, for example) are roaming around my place of residence in large numbers without the apparent accompaniment of any Wake Forest students or faculty. They also often park illegally and have even blocked in my vehicle at one time.

I was particularly upset when one of them jumped out from behind a rock and asked, "Where the white women at?"

You won't be seeing any more BuzzOut protests from me on campus. Learned my lesson today. Wish Buzz would just go away. Don't want to go into specifics on the board, but guys seriously, tone it down on the personal attacks on Buzz.

pm?

You won't be seeing any more BuzzOut protests from me on campus. Learned my lesson today. Wish Buzz would just go away. Don't want to go into specifics on the board, but guys seriously, tone it down on the personal attacks on Buzz.

Discuss Wake Forest athletics. Freely.

What could have happened that you want people to tone down the attacks on [Redacted] and have been persuaded to stop protesting? I could understand his daughter being upset about something if she saw you but that's about the only thing I could think of that would have happened.

This makes no sense.

I've gone back and forth over what that post could mean like 10 times.

Does it mean that somebody lit into you...students, [Redacted] himself, athletic people?

Does it mean that you got in trouble with people at Wake in some sort of administrative sense?

Does it mean that you got into legal trouble?

I'm so curious now. Given how vehement you've been with stuff lately I would imagine it would have to be something pretty extreme to have brought about this reaction. Or you're just a college student who doesn't like getting bitched at, which is completely understandable too.

I've gone back and forth over what that post could mean like 10 times.

Does it mean that somebody lit into you...students, [Redacted] himself, athletic people?

Does it mean that you got in trouble with people at Wake in some sort of administrative sense?

Does it mean that you got into legal trouble?

I'm so curious now. Given how vehement you've been with stuff lately I would imagine it would have to be something pretty extreme to have brought about this reaction. Or you're just a college student who doesn't like getting bitched at, which is completely understandable too.

Yeah, me too. I didn't even realize there was a protest going on. What was the deal?

If you wouldn't mind a pm I would appreciate it...very curious....

Just guessing, but I'd assume some of the violent rhetoric about the situation on the boards was actually taken seriously by campus police.

Just guessing, but I'd assume some of the violent rhetoric about the situation on the boards was actually taken seriously by campus police.

Yeah this is probably the case. Either way the campus police can't possibly be serious in thinking that there's any actual threat to [Redacted]. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure campus police have no jurisdiction whatsoever over anything beyond...well campus.

Back