• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire DM immediately....

No one should be attending games while Manning is coach. It just enables/encourages them.

Agreed. I have not been back since the Clemson loss 2 years ago. DM would seriously be a lousy coach in any rec league. He would be the guy other rec league coaches hoped to go against.

I have never seen a more completely bad coach at every phase of the game.

And to those that think he develops big men. Sarr???

I have been to 4 wake games in 9 years. I live in GSO.

No make that 5.

Guilford exhibition game
W&M at home one year
Maryland in the ACCT in Greensboro
Xavier at home Manning's 1st or 2nd year
Louisville two years ago.

Last edited:
Agreed. I have not been back since the Clemson loss 2 years ago. DM would seriously be a lousy coach in any rec league. He would be the guy other rec league coaches hoped to go against.

I have never seen a more completely bad coach at every phase of the game.

And to those that think he develops big men. Sarr???

Sarr/Okeke/Smart is the worst positional rotation that I have ever seen at Wake. Give me Gray/Hale/Dukes in a heartbeat.

Our bigs suck. Y’all call me negative on the recruiting thread, but this is what a team of projects, 3-stars, and no stars looks like.

Sarr/Okeke/Smart is the worst positional rotation that I have ever seen at Wake. Give me Gray/Hale/Dukes in a heartbeat.

Our bigs suck. Y’all call me negative on the recruiting thread, but this is what a team of projects, 3-stars, and no stars looks like.

Wait until we slot Oguama in that rotation.

Sarr is really really bad, no doubt. He’s been dominated every game this year. But good lord this was horrible.

Except that we do have a potential lottery pick and a couple of nice freshmen on the team. Enough talent for a 30 point win with a decent coach. A 15-20 point win with bad coaching.

Sarr is really really bad, no doubt. He’s been dominated every game this year. But good lord this was horrible.

This is why the hype machine sucks, though. He still weighs less than most of us do. It’s clear he’s about 20 pounds away from even being able to post up an ACC big man. He’s weak.

Except that we do have a potential lottery pick and a couple of nice freshmen on the team. Enough talent for a 30 point win with a decent coach. A 15-20 point win with bad coaching.

I couldn’t understand the substitution pattern, either. The players, particularly Chaundee and Sunday, looked pissed after getting the hook on a few occasions.

This is why the hype machine sucks, though. He still weighs less than most of us do. It’s clear he’s about 20 pounds away from even being able to post up an ACC big man. He’s weak.

While him being under weight may be true. I just don't think he's very good at basketball.

While him being under weight may be true. I just don't think he's very good at basketball.

This. How can you be 7 foot tall and not make a basket 2 feet from the rim?

It seems that if you just through in the general area, the ball would go in more often than when he shoots.

This. How can you be 7 foot tall and not make a basket 2 feet from the rim?

It seems that if you just through in the general area, the ball would go in more often than when he shoots.

I've said it repeatedly recently, but at the end of last season Sarr was completely unplayable.

This is the final straw. I have followed Wake BB for over 50 years. As long as this arrogant SOB is coach, I will invest nothing more in Wake basketball. Our teams do nothing well. Might have better luck with no coach than this clown. Get rid of him and let him sit home and count his money. His teams have improved in no facet if the game. His in game management is a joke and he installs nothing in his teams. We would be better off with a high school coach than this clown. I love Clawson and will continue to follow the football team, but I have seen enough to know things will not improve under this arrogant unemotional joke of a coach

An observation:
From these posts it would seem that Wake played a basketball game today, played it at home, and lost to a MEAC school in overtime. Nothing puzzling there.

What is puzzling is the shock from so many posters.

An observation:
From these posts it would seem that Wake played a basketball game today, played it at home, and lost to a MEAC school in overtime. Nothing puzzling there.

What is puzzling is the shock from so many posters.

A team from the Southland conference. the 10th best team in the Southland conference. Whatever the hell that is.

I don’t have time to write a lengthy post but didn’t want to be left out. It’s clear this team isn’t making the tourney.

Year 5 loss at home to Houston Baptist should be a midsession firing. That’s awful.

I’ll say the same thing I said last time though with [Redacted]. The whole staff has to go. You can’t keep Childress just because he is an all time great player. If you want to keep him he needs to go into the AD office and not a coaching position.

New coach needs to hire his own staff.

Miserable to check the score and see we lost.

Back