• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fire Ron, hire odom

I am. The man's in his 70's.
I like Odom, but the skill set for an AD is very different that the skill set for a coach.

Seriously. Dave Odom is SEVENTY ONE YEARS OLD. He doesn't want the job and we don't want him to have it. Why are Wake fans so obsessed with filling positions with Odom, Childress, LaRue, etc? We should be more concerned with hiring the best.

We need a younger person with FRESH ideas and LOTS of energy if there's any chance to begin repairing this train wreck.
Even with a perfect AD hire (not holding my breath), it could take years, if not a decade, to rebuild this program and re-establish an energy
with the local community.

Like Dave but he's NOT what we need at the moment.

Odom has neither.

Recruited 4 of the best players in Wake Forest and ACC basketball history, won 2 ACC Titles, was 3 time ACC Coach of the Year, had a 9 game winning streak against Duke. He definitely had the skill set for a basketball coach.

Odom took us from Staak to a Sweet 16 in three years and to a #1 national seed in five years. I think we'd take that trajectory post-Bz.
And yes, when he left, it was time for him to leave.

Our school does not have the name of the state in it. Odom would never take it.

Why are Wake fans so obsessed with filling positions with Odom, Childress, LaRue, etc? We should be more concerned with hiring the best.

Nostalgia is a powerful drug. This isn't Wisconsin or Nebraska's situations by a longshot

Back