• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FIRE THE ENTIRE COACHING STAFF.

TripleDeac21

Reaction score
Enough is enough.

Clean house and get some competent coaches in place.

The Jim Grobe effect is quietly setting in with this basketball regime. Overpaid coaches sitting on their asses game in and game out. Staring and wondering, with their hands on their chins. AND collecting hefty paychecks in the process.

Show them all the door.

Enough is enough.

Clean house and get some competent coaches in place.

The Jim Grobe effect is quietly setting in with this basketball regime. Overpaid coaches sitting on their asses game in and game out. Staring and wondering, with their hands on their chins. AND collecting hefty paychecks in the process.

Show them all the door.

Grobe was resting on his laurels. This group has no laurels upon which to rest.

True but our AD doesn't require laurels.

Grobe was a hell of a coach his first few years. After he won the ACC, Wellman, Hatch, and the BOT allowed him to retire in place and collect a lot of big checks.

Grobe was a hell of a coach his first few years. After he won the ACC, Wellman, Hatch, and the BOT allowed him to retire in place and collect a lot of big checks.

We were good in 2007 and 2008.

We had a good team in 2009, had a few awful breaks (like the monsoon at Navy where they did not suspend play, even though there was obvious lightning at half time; rain/wind finally stops, we started passing and nearly won at end) and unluckily finished with 5 wins - missed bowl by 1 game.

2011 we were a 23 yard field goal away from winning at Clemson (unfathomable now) and making it back to the ACCCG. Now, yes, those final 3 seasons - those were crap - but you could tell in Grobe's voice at his final press conference that he was actually trying in his final season.

We were lucky to have him, even with his ridiculous salary by the end and the lack of recruiting. I cannot tell that our current recruiting is dramatically better. Better, yes, but not substantially (like say, what we are seeing at Duke, which is an unfortunate development - they now own us).

I get why people piss on Grobe here, but I also don't get why people piss on Grobe here. We were lucky to have those years, and I'd trade for those again in a second.

P.S. Wellman is an ass. Needs to go. Ruined our athletic department.

I get why people piss on Grobe here, but I also don't get why people piss on Grobe here. We were lucky to have those years, and I'd trade for those again in a second.

People piss on him because he absolutely stopped making any effort and just collected a check. The stories about his refusal to even visit recruits, etc. That's the reason Duke has surpassed us and the reason Clawson had to start from scratch.

I am not trying to dunk on Grobe but near the end it was difficult watching him and team go out there when everyone is the stands knew there wasn't much of a chance. As I said before, he was a hell of a coach and he brought a football title to Winston when everyone said it was impossible. I think if he walked away a little bit sooner, the opinion of him would be a whole lot higher than what it was at the end.

I am not trying to dunk on Grobe but near the end it was difficult watching him and team go out there when everyone is the stands knew there wasn't much of a chance. As I said before, he was a hell of a coach and he brought a football title to Winston when everyone said it was impossible. I think if he walked away a little bit sooner, the opinion of him would be a whole lot higher than what it was at the end.

That same feeling of hopelessness is what I now get every time I watch Manning's team. It is too bad. Fire him now or wait another year or two...I believe the end is certain just a matter of when.

Goodbye frying pan, hello fire. Our three strong freshmen leave. Our next class bails. Start over with whom? Who would you replace them with? Who would want to coach here? Do you really want Hatch/Wellman in charge of hiring another coach? They can do worse--we know that. Incompetence starts at the top. Keeping the leadership and firing DM et al is just rearranging the deck chairs.

If this team sucks again next year like it does now, both the coaching staff and RW will be shown the door. At the very least, RW will announce his "retirement"...

People piss on him because he absolutely stopped making any effort and just collected a check. The stories about his refusal to even visit recruits, etc. That's the reason Duke has surpassed us and the reason Clawson had to start from scratch.

Got it. I guess I am not buying the "stories" or rumors he refused to even visit recruits. I actually spoke to the man in person once, and find that hard to believe.

Perhaps he had a reason not to visit certain recruits beyond the implied laziness?

If so, then I must have read him wrong and have been misinformed.

Got it. I guess I am not buying the "stories" or rumors he refused to even visit recruits. I actually spoke to the man in person once, and find that hard to believe.

Perhaps he had a reason not to visit certain recruits beyond the implied laziness?

If so, then I must have read him wrong and have been misinformed.

Check with the Chubb family.

Is it time to tack the Donation Thread to raise the $$$'s for the buyout and hire the new staff?

Please change thread title: Fire the entire Athletic Department.

Bet Duke is glad they didnt run Krujewkski off after his second year. Coach Danny is in the same boat. Once he gets his own kids in there and gets rid of the dead wood thats at Wake the program will take off.

Back