• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Makes you wonder which Trump stooges he thinks are suited for prison.

Makes you wonder which Trump stooges he thinks are suited for prison.

priebus%20mooch.jpg

They talked after that. Also, if we can block [Redacted] can we block any tweets from handles that end in esq?

Haha Jesus. Rudy Giuliani to join Trump's legal team.

"May it please the court, I am Rudy Giuliani and was Mayor of NYC on 9/11 and now represent Donald J. Trump. As the buildings came down on 9/11, Donald J. Trump was appalled at the Muslims cheering in Jersey. Because of how well I did on 9/11, I stand before this court to represent an innocent man just like I represented an innocent city on 9/11, thank you. Did I mention 9/11?"

"May it please the court, I am Rudy Giuliani and was Mayor of NYC on 9/11 and now represent Donald J. Trump. As the buildings came down on 9/11, Donald J. Trump was appalled at the Muslims cheering in Jersey. Because of how well I did on 9/11, I stand before this court to represent an innocent man just like I represented an innocent city on 9/11, thank you. Did I mention 9/11?"
He should tag-team with Chris Christie. So much 9/11 experience to draw from in putting together Trump's courtroom defense.

Sessions told White House that Rosenstein’s firing could prompt his departure, too

In the phone call with McGahn, Sessions wanted details of a meeting Trump and Rosenstein held at the White House on April 12, according to a person with knowledge of the call. Sessions expressed relief to learn that their meeting was largely cordial. Sessions said he would have had to consider leaving as the attorney general had Trump ousted Rosenstein, this person said.

Another person familiar with the exchange said Sessions did not intend to threaten the White House but rather wanted to convey the untenable position that Rosenstein’s firing would put him in.A Justice Department spokeswoman declined to comment.

As of Friday afternoon, more than 800 former Justice Department employees had signed an open letter calling on Congress to “swiftly and forcefully respond to protect the founding principles of our Republic and the rule of law” if Trump were to fire the deputy attorney general, special counsel Robert S. Mueller III or other senior Justice Department officials. The group MoveOn.org has sought to organize nationwide protests if such an event were to occur

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...ory.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.66c2934b6fe0

At that point, Rosenstein was overseeing the Russia investigation because Sessions had recused himself. On May 17, about a week after the Comey firing, Rosenstein announced that he had appointed Mueller as special counsel to conduct the Russia investigation.

Rosenstein took the action without first consulting Sessions and notified him when he was at the White House meeting with Trump. The decision took Trump by surprise and greatly angered him.

A person close to the White House and the Justice Department said Sessions has “vacillated, I think, from being concerned about the deputy leaving or being fired and recognizing that Rosenstein has not been a friend of either him or the department.”

Back