• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Yeah, you can blame cowardly congressmen all you want, but the reality is they are just representative of their constituents. You have to remember that literally half of this country supported Trump for president. So they're not being cowardly, they're just voicing their districts/states. As moderates or liberals, or just a solid conservative/Republicans, you would hope they would find a way to lead the radicals back to a path of normalcy, but I think we ran that stop sign with the tea party movement.

Actually it was less than a third.

Actually it was less than a third.

Half of those who voted.* Excuse me. But I guess I did say literally, so that's fair game.

It's going to be sad when Mcconnell calls their bluff and Graham and Tillis ultimately vote against a bill they sponsor.

Even half of those who voted didn't because Hillary won the popular vote. These Republicans are catering to the loudest people on their side, but that's not a particularly large group.

Disappointing but not astonishing. I kinda like listening to Sasse, but I get that he's in the heart of Trump Country. If someone were to primary Trump in 2020 and have a chance, I've been thinking it'll be Sasse.

He can't even find the courage to vote this bill out of committee, knowing it will never receive a vote in the Senate or House, but you think he'll run against Trump?

He can't even find the courage to vote this bill out of committee, knowing it will never receive a vote in the Senate or House, but you think he'll run against Trump?

Exactly. No current mainstream Republican is going to primary Trump. He has 82% approval among Republicans (somehow down from 89% two weeks ago).

Yeah, you can blame cowardly congressmen all you want, but the reality is they are just representative of their constituents. You have to remember that literally half of this country supported Trump for president. So they're not being cowardly, they're just voicing their districts/states. As moderates or liberals, or just a solid conservative/Republicans, you would hope they would find a way to lead the radicals back to a path of normalcy, but I think we ran that stop sign with the tea party movement.

43% of 61.4% of the population that actually voted...so .43*.614=26.4%, so about a quarter of the country voted for the Donald.

43% of 61.4% of the population that actually voted...so .43*.614=26.4%, so about a quarter of the country voted for the Donald.

31307000_10155679061318867_2228068860949430272_n.jpg

Man, AZ is doing some serious representing on that map. I get not voting if you live in CA or HI because you know for certain the result, and a winner will have already been declared by the time your state's votes are counted. But AZ is reddish purple. You'd think at least 1 county would achieve a plurality for a candidate.

Man, AZ is doing some serious representing on that map. I get not voting if you live in CA or HI because you know for certain the result, and a winner will have already been declared by the time your state's votes are counted. But AZ is reddish purple. You'd think at least 1 county would achieve a plurality for a candidate.

Much of that is a large county issue. NC and FL have smaller counties that lean heavily one way or the other.

I had thought that maybe a year ago. These days I'm thinking he stays out of the 2020 fiasco and tries to get the 2024 nomination as more of a return to Pub normalcy type because Trump is still supported by 80+% of Pubs. If 80+% of Pubs are still sticking with Trump after these last 15 months, I have a hard time coming up with something that will get them to disapprove of him. Saturday Night Massacre Redux? Not at all. Active war in Syria, Iran, North Korea? Probably not. Recession? Maybe if combined with other bad things. Fox is a helluva drug.

I think his playing both sides of the fence hypocrisy - portraying himself as one of the sensible anti-Trump Republicans, is where the criticism is coming from. Dems have endless good faith for pubs who give lip service to decorum, and are continually outraged by pubs who betray that. John McCain is a goddamned rollercoaster ride for normie Democrats.

Back