• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Florida Republicans play starring roles in Russia hacking indictment

https://www.politico.com/states/flo...ing-roles-in-russia-hacking-indictment-510037

Do these people not know history?

“Nevins, another Republican consultant and blogger, separately became involved with Guccifer 2.0 when he saw news reports of its information and an invitation for reporters to get the hacked information. Under his @HelloFLAnews account, he direct-messaged Guccifer 2.0 on Twitter and on Aug. 22 received “approximately 2.5 gigabytes of data stolen from the DCCC,” according to the indictment. “The stolen data included donor records and personal identifying information for more than 2,000 Democratic donors.”

“Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed,” Nevins wrote Guccifer 2.0. “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”

Nevins told POLITICO on Friday that the sheer size of the information was daunting. “I was like, holy s---, this is a lot of information, and I tried to farm it out to reporters. So District 18 [the Mast race], I sent information to TC Palm.” TC Palm is a local newspaper in the district that covers Florida’s Treasure Coast.”

What’s the difference between hacking the DCCC and breaking into DNC headquarters at Watergate?

Finally getting around to reading through yesterday's indictments.

First thing that strikes me is that this was an attack by the Russian military. All defendants named are Russian military officials. That's a far cry from China or a 400 pound guy sitting on someone's bed.

It's also an act of war. What's the difference between Russian military stealing and releasing files through the internet vs crossing our borders, stealing the same files from the Watergate hotel and then releasing them?

iy0qpc.jpg

Last edited:
The visuals are part of the problem, I think.

"It's also an act of war. What's the difference between Russian military stealing and releasing files through the internet vs crossing our borders, stealing the same files from the Watergate hotel and then releasing them?"

Most people know what breaking and entering and stealing actual physical stuff entails.

Most people don't know what hacking and stealing digital stuff entails.

These aren't third party entities, they are the f'ing Russian government/military. And we've just sold out NATO. Anyone who is comfortable with this is naive or not paying attention, either way their dereliction of duty/kissing the ring has become a threat to all of us.

Why is our President unwilling to meet with Putin with no one present but translators? Putin owns Trump and by next Saturday the world will be worse off than it is today.

They can both walk out of that room claiming anything, but I'll guarantee you that nothing that would be favorable to the USA will be true.

Last edited:
The GOP is in league with Russian military to win elections. We know the Russians are funding the NRA, the biggest GOP lobby.

And Republicans are mad about a guy’s texts to his girlfriend.

They’re not really mad, they know how to communicate with their voters. Anything that gives the appearance of impropriety works on these people who really just want tax cuts and to keep minorities down

Yeah that’s true.

The visuals are part of the problem, I think.

"It's also an act of war. What's the difference between Russian military stealing and releasing files through the internet vs crossing our borders, stealing the same files from the Watergate hotel and then releasing them?"

Most people know what breaking and entering and stealing actual physical stuff entails.

Most people don't know what hacking and stealing digital stuff entails.

These aren't third party entities, they are the f'ing Russian government/military. And we've just sold out NATO. Anyone who is comfortable with this is naive or not paying attention, either way their dereliction of duty/kissing the ring has become a threat to all of us.

Why is our President unwilling to meet with Putin with no one present but translators? Putin owns Trump and by next Saturday the world will be worse off than it is today.

They can both walk out of that room claiming anything, but I'll guarantee you that nothing that would be favorable to the USA will be true.

Trump is essentially a traitor at this point.

Only legitimate options for him at this point are to cancel the meeting or go and demand the extradition of those indicted officers. If Putin declines (of course), then leave and ratchet up sanctions, expel diplomats, etc.

Of course, none of this will happen. Because Russia helped Trump. So it’s all ok—no, GOOD!

Trump will "confront" Putin by saying, "you didn't meddle in our election, right?" Putin will say "nyet". And then Trump will claim that he confronted Putin about it.

If Ronald Reagan in his prime was around in 2018, I wonder what he would think of Trump's way of dealing with Russia. I have to believe he would think Trump was weak, anemic, and spineless.

Man, I wish JHMD was around to address this. BKF too. The anti-Reagan mannof principle he was, of course.

This is the party who convinced themselves they can be the Party of Lincoln while flying the Confederate flag. They can definitely convince themselves they are the Party of Reagan while kneeling down to Russia.

Finkle is Einhorn....

Assange is Stein. Stein is Assange...

But yea Assange should get what’s coming to him.

If Ronald Reagan in his prime was around in 2018, I wonder what he would think of Trump's way of dealing with Russia. I have to believe he would think Trump was weak, anemic, and spineless.

Yeah, but, he’d be really impressed that Trump won Wisconsin.

Back