• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

I’m beginning to believe this maybe the only thing he could do to fall out of favor with them. Abortion - nah, that’s a made up issue anyway. Financial crimes, nah that’s just getting one over on the east coast libs. Russia, it’s cool they are tough and white, to boot.

Nope, pretty much sucking some dick or secretly being fair to blacks and Hispanics is all that is going to do it

I don't think the base would leave him if he paid for a woman's abortion, if he diddled a kid, if he had gay sex or if he's convicted of money laundering and/or some collusion crime with the Russians. His base thinks he's doing wonders with the economy despite all of his trade and tariff wars. And the economy is doing okay for now other than maybe a little nervousness. But if a rough Brexit and his trade wars end up causing a recession, I think he'll maybe lose 10% and go from the 40% range to the 30% range. But he'll never lose his hardcore base no matter what.

I don't think the base would leave him if he paid for a woman's abortion, if he diddled a kid, if he had gay sex or if he's convicted of money laundering and/or some collusion crime with the Russians. His base thinks he's doing wonders with the economy despite all of his trade and tariff wars. And the economy is doing okay for now other than maybe a little nervousness. But if a rough Brexit and his trade wars end up causing a recession, I think he'll maybe lose 10% and go from the 40% range to the 30% range. But he'll never lose his hardcore base no matter what.

When the Dems take the House, Trumpublicans will blame the recession on them.

When the Dems take the House, Trumpublicans will blame the recession on them.

Most, yes. But I think that's the 1 event where he'll suffer a fairly significant loss of support. He's publicly taking more credit for the economy than any president in memory, but at the same time he's taking steps that could send the economy south. Mix in some instability in a few western governments and a turn toward protectionism, and it's not inconceivable that we could see an economic downturn in the next couple of years. When you're president, and we have a recession, you're going to get a lot of the blame whether it's deserved or not - see Bush the Elder. I don't think Trump will be completely immune on that front.

lol, the rubes won’t care. Y’all still don’t get it, do you? They will never ever turn on him.

Most, yes. But I think that's the 1 event where he'll suffer a fairly significant loss of support. He's publicly taking more credit for the economy than any president in memory, but at the same time he's taking steps that could send the economy south. Mix in some instability in a few western governments and a turn toward protectionism, and it's not inconceivable that we could see an economic downturn in the next couple of years. When you're president, and we have a recession, you're going to get a lot of the blame whether it's deserved or not - see Bush the Elder. I don't think Trump will be completely immune on that front.

Bush got blamed after 8 years. No way they blame Trump after 2 years.

Bush got blamed after 8 years. No way they blame Trump after 2 years.

I said Bush the Elder. He lost in 1992 during that recession, partly due to the recession and partly due to Perot's presence.

As for Trump, I really think the only thing that will affect his approval ratings is a recession. For the past 15 months or so, they've stayed between 38-42%, and bad news cycles appear to have zero effect on those ratings. That's why I think a recession is the only thing that will affect them, and even then, probably only another 5-10%. That said, there is a big difference from an approval rating in the low 40s and one in the low 30s.

Recession may not lower approval rating amongst the rubes, but it will drive down rube turnout and enthusiasm. Credible analysis and leading indicators project next recession late 2019 to early 2020. could be earlier if a price shock or credit shock impacts the bottom half of income earners causing a big pullback in consumption.

I said Bush the Elder. He lost in 1992 during that recession, partly due to the recession and partly due to Perot's presence.

As for Trump, I really think the only thing that will affect his approval ratings is a recession. For the past 15 months or so, they've stayed between 38-42%, and bad news cycles appear to have zero effect on those ratings. That's why I think a recession is the only thing that will affect them, and even then, probably only another 5-10%. That said, there is a big difference from an approval rating in the low 40s and one in the low 30s.

Sorry I got my Bush recessions confused.

Is Alex Jones trying to get arrested?

Also I would not pick a fight with Bobby III Sticks...he might be old but he doesn't look like someone you fuck with.

It works much better for him if he says the treasony bits out loud and then laughs them off as jokes. Can you imagine if he had sent a private message to Russia to hack Clinton/the DNC, and they started working on it immediately that day? But because he said it out loud on national television, everyone just sort of shrugged, even though the result was the same.

Back