• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Then didn't months later some other Russian talked to Donald Jr and they still didn't seem to have anything? Seems like whatever else was "set up" didn't produce anything.

I guess if you want to believe that they kept setting up these meetings and never got anything, then that's your prerogative.

Anyone else see that Donald says he never met George and doesn't know who he is? Even by his standards that's a terrible defense since he a) mentioned him by name and position as someone talented he was bringing into the fold for foreign affairs issues and b) is in at least two photographs sitting at a table/meeting with him in a group of some alleged brain trust.

I guess if you want to believe that they kept setting up these meetings and never got anything, then that's your prerogative.

I'm going to believe they never got anything given that there's never been a damaging email from Hillary ever disclosed. Can you think of one?

Unless the Russians used that Cuban sound death ray to make HRC faint at the 9/11 memorial, pretty safe to say they never got anything.

Also interesting is that it seems pretty clear cut that Papa flipped after his arrest, so either he has three months of conversations with the Donald team where he was reporting back what occurred or he was flat out wearing a wire. That's pretty scary for those surrounding Donald. Even if the Russia thing turned out to be nothing, I don't think it's too likely that everything these morons did from July up to the last month was all above board.

Similarly, that nobody heard about the arrest (nothing leaked) and most didn't know who this Papa dude was until yesterday means that the investigation is quite tight-lipped.

I'm going to believe they never got anything given that there's never been a damaging email from Hillary ever disclosed. Can you think of one?

Unless the Russians used that Cuban sound death ray to make HRC feint at the 9/11 memorial, pretty safe to say they never got anything.

I don't believe the Russians just gave away 30,000+ emails on the deal that "if there's something damning then we get something in return." That wouldn't make sense for the Russians. I'd expect - especially since Donald and his crew appear dumber and dumber every day - that the Russians got something for the emails themselves regardless of what the emails showed.

I don't believe the Russians just gave away 30,000+ emails on the deal that "if there's something damning then we get something in return." That wouldn't make sense for the Russians. I'd expect - especially since Donald and his crew appear dumber and dumber every day - that the Russians got something for the emails themselves regardless of what the emails showed.

Seems that one article seems to indicate the Trump campaign is really only in trouble if they are proven to have conspired to hack the emails in the first place. Seems clear they weren't involved.

The Russians needed a puppet so they preyed on Trump who is most likely in YUGE debt to them( and they have some big dirt on him) and in return he will help dismantle the west ...THE ART OF THE DEAL folks

Seems that one article seems to indicate the Trump campaign is really only in trouble if they are proven to have conspired to hack the emails in the first place. Seems clear they weren't involved.

The law/charges remain to be seen. I'd be surprised if you don't run afoul of SOME law by receiving hacked/stolen emails from a foreign government in an attempt to undermine the candidate you're facing in the general election.

The law/charges remain to be seen. I'd be surprised if you don't run afoul of SOME law by receiving hacked/stolen emails from a foreign government in an attempt to undermine the candidate you're facing in the general election.

Doesn't look like they ever got the emails though. Aren't we still looking for the missing ones as of today? The others they just dumped to WikiLeaks.

Yeah maybe I'm confused about the emails - are the "missing" ones the roughly 33,000? Or were those the ones that were dumped on wikileaks?

The ones where Podesta and Clinton were exchanging scandalous risotto recipes.

This is a pretty good take. I mean if the "brains" of the operation communicating with Russians is the same age as Doofus and Numbers, how serious do we consider this conspiracy to be?

I don't think anyone is claiming there were brains involved in this operation. If there were you would expect that Trump and his inner circle would be smart enough to not take pictures with and openly discuss the low-level conduit they were using to communicate with a foreign government.

I’m not crying like a snowflake. What’s a shitty OPINION? EXPOSED as a TERRIBLE one?

Debate in class:

Captain: “you’re a piece of shit. That’s a shitty opinion!”

Teacher: “very good Captain, we must learn to never accept shitty opinions when we grow up.”

Captain: “thank you Miss Manners”

Teacher: “okay class, see you tomorrow for another exciting debate.”

i didn't call you a piece of shit. that was someone else. i just observed that your opinion that Trump is an angel and that everyone hate cops except you is terrible.

Sam Clovis’s really bad excuse for greenlighting a Trump campaign meeting with Russians

Clovis's attorney, Victoria Toensing, told The Post that Clovis was only being nice and that he actually opposed the campaign meeting with Russians:

She said Clovis was “being polite” when he encouraged Papadopoulos to meet with Russian officials in August, adding that the campaign had a “strict rule that no person could travel abroad as a representative of the campaign.” Clovis could not stop an American citizen from traveling abroad “in his personal capacity,” she said.

If nothing else, Clovis is a microcosm of Trump's problems right now. Trump seems to surround himself with people who either aren't terribly qualified for their jobs or haven't been carefully vetted, and many of those decisions have come back to bite him.

"I think it's a bad idea that you go on behalf of the campaign, and that's something that I could tell you not to do in that job, but since you're an AMERICAN with rights, if you wanna go you can still go."

Yeah take that one to the jury...

"I think it's a bad idea that you go on behalf of the campaign, and that's something that I could tell you not to do in that job, but since you're an AMERICAN with rights, if you wanna go you can still go."

Yeah take that one to the jury...

how many O's in the Ooops on this one, Moonz?

Back