• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

The more I think about it, you gotta think Mueller knows he has little time remaining after the midterms. And he's not going to bring any new charges against any higher ups right before the midterms. And he probably doesn't want to make his firing the proximate cause of a constitutional crisis. So maybe they just continue to wrap up the current prosecutions and then a few days after the midterms issue a report with all their findings on Russian interference and the Trump team's obstruction and collusion and call it a day without actually filing criminal charges against Trump or his more immediate subordinates. So essentially he would just publish his findings and leave it to congress and state AGs as to whether they want to pursue additional charges based on his findings.

The more I think about it, you gotta think Mueller knows he has little time remaining after the midterms. And he's not going to bring any new charges against any higher ups right before the midterms. And he probably doesn't want to make his firing the proximate cause of a constitutional crisis. So maybe they just continue to wrap up the current prosecutions and then a few days after the midterms issue a report with all their findings on Russian interference and the Trump team's obstruction and collusion and call it a day without actually filing criminal charges against Trump or his more immediate subordinates. So essentially he would just publish his findings and leave it to congress and state AGs as to whether they want to pursue additional charges based on his findings.

That would be a huge win for Trump.

I believe a successful Saturday Night Massacre Redux would be an even bigger win for Trump, and maybe the beginning of the end of the republic. Why do you think publishing the report without the filing of additional criminal charges would be such a huge win?

I believe a successful Saturday Night Massacre Redux would be an even bigger win for Trump, and maybe the beginning of the end of the republic. Why do you think publishing the report without the filing of additional criminal charges would be such a huge win?

Because the report alone would barely move any needles and there's no promise criminal charges would actually get filed. If that's the worst case for Trump, he wouldn't need to bother making a move on Mueller.

If he has the evidence to indict the president's subordinates I predict that he'll do it. I don't think he's going to just let everybody know a crime was committed and then leave it to the states to figure out how to hold somebody accountable for federal crimes.

Because the report alone would barely move any needles and there's no promise criminal charges would actually get filed. If that's the worst case for Trump, he wouldn't need to bother making a move on Mueller.

I get your point, but this could well be what ends up happening.

Oh I agree. I’ve feared that from the beginning. All the more reason to vote Democrats into office to actually act on the investigation. Otherwise it’s trusting a bunch of Republicans (including Mueller) to root out GOP corruption.

Back