• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Dems are coming at Cohen on at least 6 different fronts so far, any one of which could warrant its own hearing. Republicans have one: "He's a liar!"

When your party platform is based on a cons, your individual political future eventually will depend on your defense of a con man. This is 40 years in the making

Republicans can't contradict the testimony or evidence presented. so, each of them does the same choreographed attack.

There's plenty of time.

5 minutes a member? I guess it's hard to ask any meaningful open ended questions in that time. Ideally, Democrats would raise an issue or subject and let Cohen speak to it, then follow up and probe for additional relevant information and clarification. But they're stuck asking a bunch of leading questions too. As a trial lawyer, this hearing is almost unwatchable.

So fucking weird for the republicans to ask questions of a witness, stop him from answering, and then saying, "Sorry, this is my time." That's not how this should work.

5 minutes a member? I guess it's hard to ask any meaningful open ended questions in that time. Ideally, Democrats would raise an issue or subject and let Cohen speak to it, then follow up and probe for additional relevant information and clarification. But they're stuck asking a bunch of leading questions too. As a trial lawyer, this hearing is almost unwatchable.

You don’t have to be a trial lawyer to find this almost unwatchable.

What's sad is that Cohen seems infinitely more composed than the guy who just got confirmed to the United States Supreme Court.

Lol they're asking about whether he's going to get a book deal? As if that affects his credibility. There's plenty of other fodder here. I guess when you've beaten his conviction and crimes of dishonesty into the ground there's nowhere else to go.

They aren't upset you lied for the president. They are upset you stopped lying for the president

They've done that. They could keep asking the same thing over and over again, like the Republicans, and they will do that, but they should probe everything.

Finally, a question about the pee tape!!!

Cohen says he has been asked a lot about it a lot over the years, but has no reason to believe it actually exists.

Meadows got schooled badly as did most other Pubs.

I find it hard to believe any of these Pubs went to college. They act like 3 year olds when they don't get their way and as was mentioned earlier, most can't even form a regular sentence.

Back