• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

First Charges Filed in Mueller Investigation

Nope. Barr exonerated Trump. Which is what he was picked to do.

No

Barr said no obstruction (I’m not going to get started on that idiocy)

Mueller said no evidence of collusion with Russia. Game over. Barr quoted the fucking report. He. Quoted. The. Fucking. Report.

I really feel sorry for you people.

At least newengland has the balls to show his face and take his licks

Someone needs to do a wellness check on Ranger

right. the public (and Congress?) has not seen the report, just Barr being like "yep, all checks out. President free to go."

Yep. I will say this for Republicans, since around 2000 they have been brilliant (and far superior to Democrats) in creating a theme and message that works, is easily understandable, and sticking to it and selling it to the public. So far all anyone outside the Justice Department has actually seen of the Mueller Report is Barr's summary, yet the news media (including the supposedly liberal msm) is already running with the story that Trump is completely off the hook, and that Barr's summary basically is the Mueller Report. By the time the actual report is released to the public, and not just Barr's summary, the GOP message will already have settled in, and the GOP and Fox will attack any further investigations by anyone into anything related to the Trump administration as a waste of time and an attack on poor, defenseless, and totally innocent Donald J. Trump. Democrats won't buy it, of course, but that will be the narrative well into 2020.

No

Barr said no obstruction (I’m not going to get started on that idiocy)

Mueller said no evidence of collusion with Russia. Game over. Barr quoted the fucking report. He. Quoted. The. Fucking. Report.

I really feel sorry for you people.

At least newengland has the balls to show his face and take his licks

Someone needs to do a wellness check on Ranger

Obstruction isn’t an impeachable offense now?

Yep. I will say this for Republicans, since around 2000 they have been brilliant (and far superior to Democrats) in creating a theme and message that works, is easily understandable, and sticking to it and selling it to the public. So far all anyone outside the Justice Department has actually seen of the Mueller Report is Barr's summary, yet the news media (including the supposedly liberal msm) is already running with the story that Trump is completely off the hook, and that Barr's summary basically is the Mueller Report. By the time the actual report is released to the public, and not just Barr's summary, the GOP message will already have settled in, and the GOP and Fox will attack any further investigations by anyone into anything related to the Trump administration as a waste of time and an attack on poor, defenseless, and totally innocent Donald J. Trump. Democrats won't buy it, of course, but that will be the narrative well into 2020.

Mainstream media are really dumb and are easily manipulated.

“It” (Mueller’s report) did not exonerate Trump on the concerns regarding obstruction of justice. Explicitly did not, apparently.

That judgement (that Trump did not obstruct) was hastily concluded by mainly Barr. Installed as AG just in time!

Oh well, if Mueller and team couldn’t conclude based on a satisfactory investigation that the crime of obstruction had been committed, I’m fine with that. If their decision not to charge was more on the basis of procedural or constitutional questions rather than the facts, or if the facts obtainable were incomplete due to Trump’s lack of cooperation then there may be more that could be done beyond a hasty AG’s opinion.

Good thread here. They didn’t even investigate the most obvious collusion.

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1109913558333210629.html

5/ On "collusion," investigative reporters and independent journalists just spent years gathering evidence on a very specific allegation of collusion: that for his own enrichment, Trump traded away our foreign policy on Russian sanctions at a time he knew Russia was attacking us.

6/ We are now being told that *Mueller never investigated* the collusion allegation Trump was facing—on a money-for-sanctions-relief quid pro quo—and *instead* investigated the allegation *as Trump saw it*, which was whether he struck an agreement with the IRA or Russian hackers.

7/ For two years, as Trump's team defined the collusion allegation against him *falsely*—saying he'd been accused of striking a secret accord with the Internet Research Agency and/or Russian hackers before-the-fact—his critics shrugged and said, "Yeah, we're not looking at that."

8/ On this collusion allegation no one was even making against Trump, the Special Counsel *didn't* find "no evidence"—which I would've been fine with, as I've never accused Trump of that type of collusion—he actually just found he didn't have 90%+ proof of that form of collusion.

The report DOES NOT exonerate Trump from obstruction. To say it does, Trump level lying.

The report DOES NOT exonerate Trump from obstruction. To say it does, Trump level lying.

It’s also the Barr report, not the Mueller report. How many sentences are actually quotes from Mueller? 4? And how many are complete sentences? 1?

Barr telegraphed what he believed and was going to do in an unprecedented eighteen page letter to Trump.

I wonder if he's auditioning to replace RBG on the Supreme Court.

It’s also the Barr report, not the Mueller report. How many sentences are actually quotes from Mueller? 4? And how many are complete sentences? 1?

Yep. Good summary of the spin words Barr used.

https://slate.trib.al/v6yq7kP

It looks like Barr just cherry picked a few narrow areas for which there wasn’t enough evidence against Trump. He left a lot out.

Sailor do you believe the entire report should be released?

I don't have any problem with the release of the report that Mueller wrote. There may, however, be areas that can't or shouldn't be released, i.e. grand jury information, materials compromising foreign intelligence, or parts covered by executive privilege. I doubt all of it can legally be released, and there will be some tough calls on releasing parts.

Is the mainstream media as dumb and easily manipulated as many (most?) members of the Tunnels Left?

Yep. Take the above..”no evidence of collusion means collusion”

Mind numbing lack of common sense..

Let Glenn Greenwald’s Twitter feed answer the mainstream sheep:

[Glenn Greenwald Retweeted

Democracy Now!
@democracynow
·
8m
Journalist
@ggreenwald
compares reckoning with the Mueller report conclusions to learning there were no Iraqi WMDs in 2003: "It's time to face the truth. The media got the story wrong. … All this time there was no evidence for it. It was just a conspiracy theory."

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
·
1h
As for those trying the angle that collusion existed but poor little Mueller just couldn't find it: please. That may be the most embarrassing & insulting excuse of all. For 20 months, all we heard was he had assembled the most aggressive & skilled team ever. This is what they did

Glenn Greenwald
@ggreenwald
·
1h
Who would have guessed that if news outlets hired lifelong intelligence operatives trained in deceit, disinformation and propaganda, that they would end up misleading millions of their viewers? They turned themselves into CIA-TV & are now paying the price /B]

https://www.politico.com/magazine/a...er-cia-media-216943?__twitter_impression=true

I posted this on the Mueller report is delivered thread but then realized that thread is a Moonz thread and thus is partially a joke. So reposting on this thread:

just read the Barr summary. There are going to be a lot of continuing questions about this and Congress is going to be having hearings for a while on the full report. Basically, Barr summarizes that Mueller decided Trump and his campaign's actions did not rise to the level of legal "conspiracy", which in fn 1 of the summary is defined as an "agreement", either tacit or express. At the far end of the extreme, this does not mean that Mueller concluded Trump is not Trump is sympathetic to and/or compromised by Russian interests. It simply means that Mueller did not find sufficient legal evidence to prove that Trump legally conspired with the Russians. In this, Guiliani is correct, "collusion" is not a crime. Conspiracy is the crime. And there was not enough evidence to determine that there was an agreement on Trump or his campaign's part to prove conspiracy. I imagine Congress will want to investigate the numerous dalliances between Russia and the Trump campaign even if there was not sufficient evidence of an agreement to conspire to influence the election between the two.

On the obstruction charge, this was Barr's greatest work. Mueller laid out the facts and law on both sides of the equation, including the legal issue of whether the President can be charged with obstrution, as well as the complicated facts. Mueller likely wants the issue debated by Congress. However, Barr took it upon himself to conclude that the DOJ is now the arbiter of whether Trump obstructed justice. Barr decided that Trump did not, and in reaching that conclusion, he relied on the conclusion that there was no evidence of "conpsiracy". So then the question is, if there was not a crime committed that Trump was trying to cover up, could Trump still have tried to obstruct justice by short-circuiting the investigation into whether a crime existed. Clearly the answer to that can be "yes." Yet, Barr took it upon himself to conclude that there was no obstruction. Congress is going to investigate this extensively I imagine.

Back