• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fitch puts US debt on "watch List"

granted i'm not even sure i remember how to go about doing it. lol.

Face it...we're not a AAA nation. Plus just beacuse there's no debt limit hike doesn't mean we don't live up to out obligations. There's no law that spells out that spending is prioritized. Pay our debt obligations first and then use what's left for the other crap we all love.

Face it...we're not a AAA nation. Plus just beacuse there's no debt limit hike doesn't mean we don't live up to out obligations. There's no law that spells out that spending is prioritized. Pay our debt obligations first and then use what's left for the other crap we all love.

The other payments due are also obligations. I can't believe you fell for the TP lies.

This is ... not how the world works.

So the solution is to plunge the country into the self-fulfilling prophesy of a small segment of the population? As Chris Matthews said on Bill Maher this week, it's like saying "I don't know what it is like to be dead, so why don't i give it a try?"

If this bullshit triggers another recession, there's going to be a reckoning in terms of public opinion of the GOP. It's going to get really ugly. I can't imagine the last recession was too kind to the yokels that voted in these clowns.

The markets rebounded this morning, so at least investors have confidence in the Senate!

Pretty basic, but yes we can pay the interest on the debt easily and not default. Now paying for all of the other crap that we're addicted to may be a problem, but that does not bring about a default.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nI7XRbXcgY

That's absolute RW, talking point CRAP!!! The debt is not our only obligation. You need to deal with reality and lap up what crazy extremists(who know nothing about ratings) blabber about.

You couldn't be more wrong.

If this bullshit triggers another recession, there's going to be a reckoning in terms of public opinion of the GOP. It's going to get really ugly. I can't imagine the last recession was too kind to the yokels that voted in these clowns.

I want to believe this, but from what I see, people will just get further entrenched on the political extremes. I have contact with a lot of conservative TP individuals, and I see no awareness that the GOP has any culpability in this mess.

Pretty basic, but yes we can pay the interest on the debt easily and not default. Now paying for all of the other crap that we're addicted to may be a problem, but that does not bring about a default.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nI7XRbXcgY

No sorry, this isn't how it works. Even if it were, it wouldn't have bearing on interest rates and ratings downgrades and the global markets at large.

I want to believe this, but from what I see, people will just get further entrenched on the political extremes. I have contact with a lot of conservative TP individuals, and I see no awareness that the GOP has any culpability in this mess.

This is so true. It's just like the fact that FOX is continually referring to this as "The Liberal Shutdown" or "Obama's Shutdown". When they fuck up they blame everyone else around them. As Jon Stewart put it "Don't fart and then point at the dog"

This is so true. It's just like the fact that FOX is continually referring to this as "The Liberal Shutdown" or "Obama's Shutdown". When they fuck up they blame everyone else around them. As Jon Stewart put it "Don't fart and then point at the dog"

#ObamaShutdown

Back