• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flat Panel TV installers in W-S

Wake95

Reaction score
Got a 60" flat screen for xmas. What to have it hung on wall in the den. Need hdmi cables, power, etc run through the wall to eye level so nothing is visible whenthe TV is hung. Also want the slimmest mount that I can find to keep the TV as close to the wall as possible. Can anybody rec someone in Winston that can do the whole job and do it professionally. The last thing I want is some yahoo cutting holes in my sheetrock that doesn't know what they are doing.

Last edited:
Got a 60" flat screen for xmas. What to have it hung on wall in the den. Need hdmi cables, power, etc run through the wall to eye level so nothing is visible whenthe TV is hung. Also want the slimmest mount that I can find to keep the TV as close to the wall as possible. Can anybody rec someone in Winston that can do the whole job and do it professionally. The last thing I want is some yahoo cutting wholes in my sheetrock that doesn't know what they r doing.

So, you admit that you're a yahoo?

Seriously though, it's not that difficult. Any decent handy man should be able to take care of that for ya. That said, I'd recommend researching the mount yourself rather than depending on someone else to buy it and it not be "slim enough" for your liking. An installer doesn't get paid to shop around and research mounts on the internet.

Last edited:
Ok...now that the obligatory smart ass answer has been taken care of, can anybody actually rec someone?

Ok...now that the obligatory smart ass answer has been taken care of, can anybody actually rec someone?

milhouse. That way you can get smart ass answers in the comfort of your own home...

Touche' - ya snarky bastard ;)

Last edited:
I had a very good experience with Best Buy's Geek Squad (though not in W-S). And I also liked the fact that should anything go wrong with the mount (which already happened once - though not the installers' fault) that Best Buy is the one backing the guaranty up rather than a local dude who I might have to fight with to get things fixed or replaced.

I thought the hole point of the flat panel TVs were so that they were lighter and could be more easily handled by the consumer

The installation of the bracket and hanging the TV isn't the issue...it is the running of the cable in the walls (have finished floors both above and below where I want to install the TV). I need power, cable, hdmi run to the TV as well as to a bookshelf on a perpendicular wall where the components are going to sit. Plus I may talk myself into going ahead and doing surround sound now. All that wiring with no easy access from above or below is a bit above my paygrade...sorry to dissapoint some of you.

Back