• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Flooring Contractor Recommendations

cna4life

Reaction score
We are looking to replace some flooring with plank vinyl and are looking for reputable, cost effective installers. We have some pricing from Styron and Pilot but are looking for some other alternates in the Winston-Salem area

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, I will contact them. I was also hoping to get a price from an independent kind of installer (one-man shop).

How much flooring are we talking about? You can always do it yourself. If you're dong an entire house or something, it's probably better to just pay somebody, but if you're just doing a room or two, save the money and knock it out one day on a weekend.

How much flooring are we talking about? You can always do it yourself. If you're dong an entire house or something, it's probably better to just pay somebody, but if you're just doing a room or two, save the money and knock it out one day on a weekend.

When you say "plank vinyl" do you mean the "click together flooring made of compressed sawdust with a vinyl print wood top or something else?

If that is what you are talking about, then I second the motion, its pretty easy to do it yourself. Just get one of the install kits with the pull bar, tap block and edge spacers. Follow directions and make sure the joints are tight and even, but not over driven (no gaps, no bulges where two planks come together.

Back