• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Florida State at Wake Forest, 3:30 Saturday on ESPN

They're effective. Maybe Mark Jones should remember it's not open mic night at The Chuckle Hut but otherwise they're solid.

Nor is it a poetry slam. He was getting a bit poetic with that "autumnal hues" stuff.

Okay, do y'all like any broadcasting crew? That might make these takes a bit less nonsensical.

I feel like I understand football pretty well, but can someone smarter than me explain why our red zone offense struggles so much? I get that the slow mesh makes it easier for defenses to bow their backs in short yardages situations, but why do we continue to do that when we only need 3-5 yards for a score? Can we not roll out there in a power formation and pound it in all the same or does that limit our options? I’m genuinely confused why we haven’t fixed this problem yet and it’s been at least 3 years since it’s been an obvious issue.

im getting worried about the lack of effectiveness of our running backs. we got bailed out a bunch on third downs by the passing game. wonder if we will opt to go more pass happy at some point.

I've been happy with our RB's this game. Shifty & strong.

I feel like I understand football pretty well, but can someone smarter than me explain why our red zone offense struggles so much? I get that the slow mesh makes it easier for defenses to bow their backs in short yardages situations, but why do we continue to do that when we only need 3-5 yards for a score? Can we not roll out there in a power formation and pound it in all the same or does that limit our options? I’m genuinely confused why we haven’t fixed this problem yet and it’s been at least 3 years since it’s been an obvious issue.

We're not big enough to line up and pound the ball. The O-line works because we allow the D-line to move, then we help the D-line move in that direction, getting them out of gaps.

I've been happy with our RB's this game. Shifty & strong.

4 yards a carry and haven’t done much after a few good early runs. It’s basically wait for the hole and get 3-4 yards.

Actually 3.7. I was counting Hartman’s runs.

We just need them to be solid; the WR's are the home run hitters this game. Plus maybe CBS is still going to spring one.

RB's had a few good runs early. FSU d has focused on stopping those runs.

Another KO out of bounds.

Man. Why wouldn't you just run that ball twice on 3rd and 4th down if your FSU? Dumb.

Back