• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Coaching Rumor Mill

I doubt Hazell would leave for us - he spent seven seasons at tOSU before he got the Kent State job, so I'm thinking he's holding out for a Big Ten opening.

Hazell isn't under the radar after this year. He will probably make a jump. Reminds me of Tressel.

If I'd read through the other discussion threads I'd have seen his name mentioned. That's what I get for reading this one first. Whoever gets him will be immediately better. His interactions with his team and student body reminds me so much of Skip.

To the first 25 sarcastic replies to the OP: apparently this info actually did need it's own thread.

I was serious. I needed my own space to prove why we need Bobby Petrino.

Remember, the NCAA isn't going to come into our houses and take our championship T-shirts away from us.

I was serious. I needed my own space to prove why we need Bobby Petrino.

Remember, the NCAA isn't going to come into our houses and take our championship T-shirts away from us.

From what I can tell, we'll never choose someone lacking integrity, like a Bobby Petrino or a Leach. We need to get rid of some of our current assistants and get a solid coach in waiting and give JG a couple of years to right the ship.

When does Wellman usually do his firings? I remember Dino being canned in the afternoon.

If we don't hear anything by 4 today, I don't think there will be a change at the top.

Wellman isn't a Monday after the end of the season guy.

From what I can tell, we'll never choose someone lacking integrity, like a Bobby Petrino or a Leach. We need to get rid of some of our current assistants and get a solid coach in waiting and give JG a couple of years to right the ship.

I honestly can't believe any of us would want Petrino. He is a low life and the only 3 things that could happen would be he'd leave in the middle of the night at first good opportunity or he'd embarrass the school by getting caught screwing an employee or co-Ed. There are plenty of coaches as good as him that also have an ounce of character.

I honestly can't believe any of us would want Petrino. He is a low life and the only 3 things that could happen would be he'd leave in the middle of the night at first good opportunity or he'd embarrass the school by getting caught screwing an employee or co-Ed. There are plenty of coaches as good as him that also have an ounce of character.

Petrino is an awesome coach. 75% winning percentage. Won 10+ games at Louisville, twice. Took two different schools to the BCS. Nobody in the SEC wants to give him a shot... We might as well.

I'm going to throw an under the radar name out there....Darrell Hazell. I watched Kent State play Ohio on Friday, and he's energetic, well liked by his players, and has turned a perennial doormat in Kent State into an 11-1 team. He hasnt been there long enough to prove he can sustain it, but he's done one hell of a job.

Kent State's one loss this year, very surprisingly, was to Kentucky. And not just by a little but they lost 47-17. One of the bigger outliers of the year.

So maybe we should take a look at Joker? (I kid)

Can we get them to come and take [Redacted] and Wellman away?

Back