• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Coaching Rumor Mill

what about this guy? he'll be available in january:

ron-rivera.jpg

Wanted to chime in on two things:
(1) Wake absolutely should not hire Petrino. Speaking as a Falcons fan, fuck Petrino.

(2) As others have already said on this thread and others, it will feel really weird to me if Grobe is fired before Bz

Be careful what you wish for . We better have a plan in place. If Jim Grobe wants to retire on his own terms good for him but if we are firing him or pushing him out then he deserves better than that.

Lulz at anybody who thinks Wake would even look at Bobby Petrino. Such a terrible fit culturally, and despite how you feel about that word, that's obviously a big driver in how the Wake brass makes personnel decisions. Can't believe anybody would think that Nathan Hatch would seriously consider hiring a guy who is coming off a massive scandal and has not left his last three jobs in good standing. So naive.

Thanks for the insight Brooks Brothers.

Be careful what you wish for . We better have a plan in place. If Jim Grobe wants to retire on his own terms good for him but if we are firing him or pushing him out then he deserves better than that.

While I agree especially with the last part, what does Wake deserve? What did Wake deserve when he almost slipped out the back door to Arkansas? It's employer/employee and you always look out for #1. Unfortunately, football is all about "what have done for me lately," as I know you know well.

Thanks for the insight Brooks Brothers.

I will be very disappointed if Grobe is let go or retires. I'm hoping some high-level assistants get whacked, and a coach-in-waiting is brought in to help Grobe for a couple of more years.

While I agree especially with the last part, what does Wake deserve? What did Wake deserve when he almost slipped out the back door to Arkansas? It's employer/employee and you always look out for #1. Unfortunately, football is all about "what have done for me lately," as I know you know well.

Grobe turned the Arkansas situation into the Deacon tower, new turf and a lot more money for his assistants.

Obviously we will hire Bobby Bowden, everyone knows he wanted to die on the field coaching so has decided to start back again at the perfect place that caused his original demise, Wake Forest.

Grobe turned the Arkansas situation into the Deacon tower, new turf and a lot more money for his assistants.

I believe Deacon Tower was before the Arkansas situation but I may be wrong. Not sure I care much for the assistants getting paid more money when all the good ones have since either moved on or been fired.

Back