• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football issues

Just saw where Duke has announced no fans at games this fall (I know, I know :laugh:), but I can't imagine Wake not following suit.

Just saw where Duke has announced no fans at games this fall (I know, I know :laugh:), but I can't imagine Wake not following suit.

That was my thinking as well, but have heard that WF is considering selling a limited number of tickets on a game by game basis. WF has to make that call soon as WF hosts the #1 Clemson Tigers a week from Saturday.

That was my thinking as well, but have heard that WF is considering selling a limited number of tickets on a game by game basis. WF has to make that call soon as WF hosts the #1 Clemson Tigers a week from Saturday.

I thought it was 2 weeks from Saturday?

I heard that as well. I was under the impression that they would allow small groups (e.g family) to sit together with distancing between such clusters. Of they go by ticket priority, the ticket office needs to get busy. I suspect a lot of people at the top of the list may say "no thank you."

How many people will the state's rules allow in the stadium?

I think a small crowd or no crowd would benefit Wake against a team like Clemson, who is used to playing in packed, loud stadiums. A game with no fans would seem more like a scrimmage and I think our team would be more fired up than them.
I know it’s still wishful thinking, but I think this is a great opportunity for a huge upset.

I think a small crowd or no crowd would benefit Wake against a team like Clemson, who is used to playing in packed, loud stadiums. A game with no fans would seem more like a scrimmage and I think our team would be more fired up than them.
I know it’s still wishful thinking, but I think this is a great opportunity for a huge upset.

I think ND may be the better chance for an upset for WF.

If those that hope to play are able to pull off the season, will be interesting to see if attempting to play football in the current environment (no fans, threat of a shutdown at any time, practices starting and stopping haphazardly, shuttered campuses) leads to a greater randomness in results. Think that it might. Maybe Clemson, Bama, and Oklahoma bulldoze all opponents like most recent seasons, but if there is ever going to be a season with bizarre results this might be it. Perhaps, I'm drinking the Kool-Aid, but I do think coaches, like Clawson, that have developed a disciplined system for running their program both on and off of the field, will have an even greater edge this year. Really think new coaches (BC, FSU, Ole Miss, Miss State) will be at a disadvantage this year.

my opinion is that the likelihood of Clemson being distracted from its purpose is pretty low in week one, unfortunately.

WF has to make that call soon as WF hosts the #1 Clemson Tigers a week from Saturday.

Clemson is the 12th. Two weeks.
How many people in the stadium is the tricky part. Phase 2 ends (in theory) on the 11th at midnight. Right now under phase two no mass gatherings.

Last edited:
I’ve definitely thought that if ever there were a year to try to gain an advantage via mental edge, this is the best opportunity. Clemson could potentially feel out of sorts. And I trust Clawson to position the players as well as possible with that mindset. That being said, it’s still Clemson.

I wish we had the opportunity to buy cardboard cutouts to fill the stands. I am down for a couple thousand RJKarls

rjkarl.gif

Well then looks like we need a better quality image, and a gofund to raise approximately 2 million dollars to fill the stadium.

Well then looks like we need a better quality image, and a gofund to raise approximately 2 million dollars to fill the stadium.

I've already pm'd RJ. I'll definitely spring for a premium seat, and I'm a poor-ass teacher. Let's go, people!!!

Back