• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football Season Ticket Holders

DirkTheDeac

Lord of the Board
Reaction score
I was ready to give up my season tickets next year after many years of attending every home game. I thought Grobe and Lobo would be back and we'd get more of the same with a dismal season on the horizon.

I'm rethinking it. We are going to suck next year. There's little doubt about that. But if we do get a good hire I think I'm going to hang in there and see where we go from here. I'm probably not the only Deacon Club season ticket holder with these thoughts. I'll never forget what Jim Grobe did for the program but I welcome the complete change that is coming.

I say this with the hope that Wellman doesn't fuck this up. I don't think he will because it's one of his last chances to repair whatever legacy he might have.

Assuming Wellman doesn't fuck up? I'll likely attend most, if not all, games. Given that he'll likely totally fuck this up, I'll attend the first few before the implosion begins.

Assuming Wellman doesn't fuck up? I'll likely attend most, if not all, games. Given that he'll likely totally fuck this up, I'll attend the first few before the implosion begins.

I'm basing buying season tickets next year on the hire that is made. Some good people are said to be interested. I'm waiting for numbers to break out the Kenpom odds on Lobo taking over the reins.

I'll be buying again for sure after taking a year off if Wellman makes a good hire.

I base buying my tickets on the fact that I support Wake Forest. I've had seats for over four decades and I am committed for another 20 years. I thank Coach Grobe for making Wake Forest relevant and raising the expectations of all the fans including the fair weather ones. Let's hope we are fortunate enough to find a Coach that can do as much for Wake the next 13 years as Coach Grobe did the last 13.

I was ready to give up my season tickets next year after many years of attending every home game. I thought Grobe and Lobo would be back and we'd get more of the same with a dismal season on the horizon.

I'm rethinking it. We are going to suck next year. There's little doubt about that. But if we do get a good hire I think I'm going to hang in there and see where we go from here. I'm probably not the only Deacon Club season ticket holder with these thoughts. I'll never forget what Jim Grobe did for the program but I welcome the complete change that is coming.

I say this with the hope that Wellman doesn't fuck this up. I don't think he will because it's one of his last chances to repair whatever legacy he might have.

We may not suck, have one of those one-off years with a new coach.

I base buying my tickets on the fact that I support Wake Forest. I've had seats for over four decades and I am committed for another 20 years. I thank Coach Grobe for making Wake Forest relevant and raising the expectations of all the fans including the fair weather ones. Let's hope we are fortunate enough to find a Coach that can do as much for Wake the next 13 years as Coach Grobe did the last 13.

You are a better fan than I am.

I am in the same boat with Dirk. After watching the ULM, and FSU disasters, I was finished with dumping $$$ into tickets. But, there is hope......if Wellman doesn't squash it.

I'll be buying again for sure after taking a year off if Wellman makes a good hire.

I'll hold you to that! Actually, we were thinking about taking a page from your playbook next year and just coming for a few select games. However, I am now "wait and see."

Not a dime until both Bzz and Wellman are gone.

I will not contribute to the Deacon Club until Bzz, and probably Wellman, are gone. I say probably because there is always the chance Wellman could make amazing hires to replace both Grobe and Bzz and turn this thing around before retiring. Unlikely, but possible.

Football season tickets are another matter. Took a year off this year for the first time, and was glad I did. If Wellman makes an exciting hire and I see some real change coming, I might decide to jump back in for next year. At least in my mind, I can buy tickets for an entertaining sporting event without that being an endorsement of Ron Wellman's overall leadership, but a gift to the Deacon club is a statement that I support Ron Wellman.

I'm with Dirk on this. In fact, last night I took the time to respond to the Deacon Club's e-mail asking me to reinstate my membership. This is a snippet of what I sent to them:

Coach Grobe's recent decision to step down does make me more optimistic for the future of Wake Forest football, and while I began to consider withdrawing my financial support further by not purchasing season tickets for 2014 (we bought our 2013 tickets through a friend this past season), as of today's events I do plan to renew my season tickets for the upcoming season -- provided the Athletic Department does not use the 2010 men's basketball coaching change as a template to hire Coach Grobe's replacement.

Last edited:
I am in the same boat with Dirk. After watching the ULM, and FSU disasters, I was finished with dumping $$$ into tickets. But, there is hope......if Wellman doesn't squash it.

No offense to you, but how can ANYONE have faith that Wellman will hire the right person for this job? Too many posts are floating around thinking he might actually do something right.

I think not.

# EVERYONE OUT

None taken. The family still has fun at the tailgate at least.....

I had decided I was out after this year, but IF the hire is solid, we will be back in '14.

I will not contribute to the Deacon Club until Bzz, and probably Wellman, are gone. I say probably because there is always the chance Wellman could make amazing hires to replace both Grobe and Bzz and turn this thing around before retiring. Unlikely, but possible.

Football season tickets are another matter. Took a year off this year for the first time, and was glad I did. If Wellman makes an exciting hire and I see some real change coming, I might decide to jump back in for next year. At least in my mind, I can buy tickets for an entertaining sporting event without that being an endorsement of Ron Wellman's overall leadership, but a gift to the Deacon club is a statement that I support Ron Wellman.

These are generally my thoughts, though we will not be getting season tickets again. There are too many cheap ones to be had outside the game to justify the additional cost.

So many great things about this post!!!

Back