• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Football

So you mean to tell me that on this board no one has pointed out the part where it says "not to mention wake has one of the best coaching staffs" in that article? Or something along those lines.

When Duke is a "key" game for you, by definition you are not a contender.

Don't see this year's team going to a bowl.

Let the neg repping from the usual suspects commence.

Even when we beat Duke 11 years in a row and had a ACC Championsip/OB and a couple of 8-11 win seasons in there, this game was always a touchdown or less. For example, take away a blocked chipshot field goal and no championship/no OB. And as recent as last season a close loss to Duke w/o Camp was the difference in a losing season and a bowl team. So yes, it is ALWAYS a key game for us.

TBD we have the chance to be very good if we can prevent mass injuries or suspensions.

I will wait and reserve judgement until after summer and then again after games 1 and 2.

I did a break down of Grobe teams after the bye. I'll try to find it.

"In Grobe's worst 4 seasons at Wake he still had more ACC wins than Jim Caldwell had in his entire 8 years at WF."

-- David Glenn ACC Sports Journal

"In Grobe's worst 4 seasons at Wake he still had more ACC wins than Jim Caldwell had in his entire 8 years at WF."

Hey PhDeac, If you wrote it I'll save you the trouble of finding it..."Grobe is awful and there's no hope"...

Caldwell was pathetic. He shouldn't be the standard.

Is Jack Murdoch the standard by which we are going to measure Coach [Redacted] as well? Hell, Jackie went 8-18 in his only season as coach. By that standard, your boy has done a great job at Wake!

Wanted to bump this because spring practice starts today.

Nikita has his cast off and is chomping at the bit.

Apparently the O- line was told by the football staff (not the S&C staff) to get to 300 by today. Real head scratcher but I got to attribute this to Lobo as I remember Griffin back in the day grumbling about being told to lose weight for no other reason than the staff setting an arbitrary number. It makes no sense to institute a blanket everybody get to 300 rule without taking into account differences in body type, good v. bad weight, etc. Not a huge deal but just found it odd when I heard it.

The media does the routine mantra that our staff is great and can't do any better than squeeze by Liberty and Army and be close to .500. Saves them from doing any research, allows them to write complimentary things and is the left handed compliment buy in to LOWF. It excuses the poorly organized cluster f*ck we put on the field, Lobo's incompetent offense, and Grobe's putting in the energy he did when first he got here. So we all accept anything Jim Grobe does as long as it is better than Caldwell, ignore what we see on the field, his intransigence at making changes to address key problems, and celebrate the thrill of making it to the Orange Bowl and disregard the downward spiral since the glory days. The kids we are recruiting were in what the 5th or 6th grade when that happened? Would not be so bad if Grobe cared about his program as much as we do. Pretender.

Last edited:
The media does the routine mantra that our staff is great and can't do any better than squeeze by Liberty and Army and be close to .500. Saves them from doing any research, allows them to write complimentary things and is the left handed compliment buy in to LOWF. It excuses the poorly organized cluster f*ck we put on the field, Lobo's incompetent offense, and Grobe's putting in the energy he did when first he got here. So we all accept anything Jim Grobe does as long as it is better than Caldwell, ignore what we see on the field, his intransigence at making changes to address key problems, and celebrate the thrill of making it to the Orange Bowl and disregard the downward spiral since the glory days. The kids we are recruiting were in what the 5th or 6th grade when that happened? Would not be so bad if Grobe cared about his program as much as we do. Pretender.

And boom goes the dynamite.

Wanted to bump this because spring practice starts today.

Nikita has his cast off and is chomping at the bit.

Apparently the O- line was told by the football staff (not the S&C staff) to get to 300 by today. Real head scratcher but I got to attribute this to Lobo as I remember Griffin back in the day grumbling about being told to lose weight for no other reason than the staff setting an arbitrary number. It makes no sense to institute a blanket everybody get to 300 rule without taking into account differences in body type, good v. bad weight, etc. Not a huge deal but just found it odd when I heard it.

In fairness to the staff, they were told a while back that 300 was where they needed to be. The lineman will have to run one gasser after practice for every pound over 300.

So no punishment for under 300?

Back