• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

For the rest of the season

RJKarl

Banhammer'd
Reaction score
This season is over. There never much hope for post-season this year. Let's start preparing for next year.

Our starting line-up should play at least 30 mpg each if they can stay out of foul trouble. I'm saying what should happen. Hopefully, Danny will try.

Here's the starting line-up:

Craw
Key
Chaundee
Sarr
Doral

First guard off the bench - Chill
First big off the bench - Donovan
Second big off the bench - Sam
Second guard off the bench - Wilbekin
Thompson plays as needed

Wins and losses are meaningless for the rest of the season. Let's get our guys experience.

This season is over. There never much hope for post-season this year. Let's start preparing for next year.

Our starting line-up should play at least 30 mpg each if they can stay out of foul trouble. I'm saying what should happen. Hopefully, Danny will try.

Craw
Key
Chaundee
Sarr
Doral

Thompson plays as needed

Wins and losses are meaningless for the rest of the season. Let's get our guys experience.

Actually the best thing we can do is win as many games as possible so that we can continue our momentum on the recruiting trail. We need to continue to get better players. Best way to that is win.

I gasp tend to agree with RJ. But I might bring Wilbekin off first depending on the situation

Craw
Key
Chaundee
Sarr
Doral

Thompson plays as needed

I agree. Experiment and get guys minutes in different sets. This season is toast.

Wrangor continues to believe Wake Forest b-ball has “momentum”. Laughable. Our coach doesn’t know the rules. The world has passed our AD by. We haven’t even reached the ACC quarterfinals in a decade. We are in the tank. No momentum.

Actually the best thing we can do is win as many games as possible so that we can continue our momentum on the recruiting trail. We need to continue to get better players. Best way to that is win.

It won't make much difference. And we might actually play better by the end of the season and win some more games. Our last six games are against the bottom of the ACC.

I am not going to disagree that I want to see Sarr more, but we need to put our best lineup on the floor. The premise is that we need to value experience over wins. I don’t buy that.

@DR: you can choose to be miserable about your alma mater. If you don’t feel next years recruiting class is a step up from this years class, which was a step up from the previous class...then you aren’t a very good judge of basketball talent.

We have recruiting momentum. That may well be stopped in 19, but the best way we can continue to keep that ball rolling is to win more games. This team clearly isn’t very good, but I believe next year we will be with the additions and with Sarr and Brown gaining some experience.

But by all means - continue to choose to be miserable. It is most certainly your right to do so. I choose otherwise.

Bottoms

It won't make much difference. And we might actually play better by the end of the season and win some more games. Our last six games are against the bottom of the ACC.

We might soon be at the bottom of the ACC.

You are complicit. That’s what you are.

Guilty as charged. I choose to root for my alma mater. Manning isn’t [Redacted]. He is putting us in a good position for the future regardless if he is the one to take us there or not. [Redacted] from the beginning couldn’t coach and couldn’t recruit.

Manning can recruit. He isn’t a great coach at this point in his career. But when we are a good team next year I want you to be able to enjoy it. My guess is you won’t, because you will be so firmly entrenched in your position.

dr needs to get a life if college sports are this important to him. jesus christ

Tolerating losing isn’t helping. We have way too many alums like you. We own our pathetic 2 decades on the hardwood. We chose this. Bad decisions have consequences.

Wrangor continues to believe Wake Forest b-ball has “momentum”. Laughable. Our coach doesn’t know the rules. The world has passed our AD by. We haven’t even reached the ACC quarterfinals in a decade. We are in the tank. No momentum.

Truth. I didn't watch the entire game today. However, I watched the entire first half and I thought Crawford was playing with passion and determination. I really thought he was having possibly his best half of the season until he was taken out of the game with about 4/5 minutes left in the half. I'm not surprised that he was at his best today. It can't be a coincidence that he really looked good in front of the likely scouts in attendance from the Association. I think Craw bids WFU farewell at the end of this lost season. I mean - unless you are [Redacted], a guy can only take so much losing.

Finally - the only reason that Craw should ever come out of the game is if he fouls out. The bullshit excuse that he could get tired when there are at least 4 timeouts each half along with all the stoppages in play is crazy. These guys are in the prime of their lives. I'm so tired of hearing that a team can actually wear down during a game. End of rant.

Back