• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Forde-First Yard: Return Of The ACC

We have to win this weekend to keep the media on us even more. This has been a fun 4 days since Saturday, I don't want it to end. KEEP IT UP DEACS!!!!!!11111111111111

We have to win this weekend to keep the media on us even more. This has been a fun 4 days since Saturday, I don't want it to end. KEEP IT UP DEACS!!!!!!11111111111111

Agree so much. Beating VT will change the tune from "Man, guess FSU was bad." to "Oh... WFU is really good." We need this one.

How refreshing that the ACC isn't automatically labeled as "down" just because we are one of the better teams in the conference.

The ACC stinks top-to-bottom this year. The reason why the MSM is going to make proclamations like this is because the bottom of the league is giving the top easy wins which it hasn't had in the past -- the weak bottom half makes the top half look better than they are.

The ACC stinks top-to-bottom this year. The reason why the MSM is going to make proclamations like this is because the bottom of the league is giving the top easy wins which it hasn't had in the past -- the weak bottom half makes the top half look better than they are.

I don't know. Not many conferences have teams in their bottom half (FSU) that can take OU down to the wire.

I don't know. Not many conferences have teams in their bottom half (FSU) that can take OU down to the wire.

FSU isn't in the bottom half -- I think they've got better than a 50% chance of winning out in conference, but perhaps bottom third would have been more accurate -- BC, Duke, State and UVA. I don't think Maryland's much better, either.

I'm not sure the ACC is really any better this year.

What has the conference done to show that it's better besides pass the eye test?

So far the ACC has beaten a bad OSU team, an overrated Auburn team, Kansas, FIU, IU, Tulane, Troy, Rutgers, ECU (2), Louisville, Central Michigan, Marshall

and lost to So. Miss, Richmond, Stanford, Oklahoma, Cincinnati, Syracuse, WVU, Temple, Northwestern, UCF, K State.

I tried to leave out the FCS opponents for the wins, but it seems pretty obvious to me that the ACC hasn't beaten anybody worth a crap and has lost to every decent team its played, as well as a couple of bad teams. Now I obviously realize that we didn't have the top of the conference going up against the best teams on this list, but there are some games in there you would think we should have been more competitive in.

Remaining marquee games for the league inclued ND, Vandy, UGA, USF, Florida, and USC.

they just see clemson and ga tech sitting at 8 and 10 in the AP polls and think the conference must be pretty good this year.

petter is right, the acc hasn't beaten anyone good this year and has some bad losses.

Man, we owe VaTech a beatdown in the worst way. I hope our guys are pumped up to play those chumps.

i feel like there is a bias towards offense for media and fans.

if teams are putting up 28 points or more behind great QBs the teams are "good." when games are in single digits because each team has a great defense, then the teams are "bad."

it's a lot more fun to watch high scoring games, but idk if that means the teams playing in them are better than defensive oriented teams.

getting pretty pumped for the weekend, you guys.

The ACC definitely is still to prove it is "up" this year. But in defense of my beloved conference I think there is definitely a different atmosphere to things at this point in the season. There's some rough Non-conference losses among the top half of the league for sure (Syracuse still makes me cringe although I kinda think it was a good thing for the team as a whole). But the Oklahoma loss should fall into the "not a bad loss" category. They are a hell of a football team (if you don't think so find a Texas fan and ask them about it) and FSU (as has been beaten into the dirt over the last 4 days) isn't a top ACC team. You can't ignore the bad things in the season so far and I don't think top to bottom the ACC has made much progress. But the ceiling does look a little higher than it did before the season started. Here's to cursing the hell out of VT fans this weekend!!

Back