• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Former WF Hoops Asst Coach Jamil Jones gets probation for 3rd degree assault (update)

In short, unless there's something missing from the start of that video that shows Jones witnessing Szabo attacking/confronting someone, it's pretty damn damning to me. We can't see what damage, if any, he may have done to the car, but no amount of banging on a car justifies chasing someone down, knocking them out and leaving the scene. Dude should go to prison based on this video.

Last edited:
Uh he's probably not going to jail. He turned himself in last August and was charged with a misdemeanor. This is just the family releasing the video through whatever that weird coffee call news show is. The police saw this footage months ago.

^^^I'm not defending Jones, it looks like he could have EASILY avoided this incident, but lets also remember that this is a clip taken from multiple cameras, compiled and delivered by the family of the deceased. We dont know if this is the entire universe of video of the incident, we dont know if this video has been edited, etc.

There could be other video out there, and other testimony from witnesses that the police used to decide the charge. We just don't know, and the family of the deceased is not exactly an unbiased source.

Last edited:
Just another example of the fine character Danny's staff has.

That video was way worse than i thought it was going to be, wow.

Wow indeed. It looked like he backed up after something was said, turned around, ran the guy down, punched / killed him and walked away. Thats truly horrifying the way its shown. I really hope that isnt what happened real time. That was hard to watch.

To be fair earlier reports did not match what was shown on that tape.

Biggest difference to me was that original reports had Jones staying with Szabo and tending to him, then leaving before the paramedics arrive.

He just ... drove off.

Yeah, he threw it in reverse to instigate the fight. Punched him and killed him. Not good based on the video.

Absolutely no reason to ever stop the car in the first place. What an idiot.

I’m taking that video with a grain of salt. As somebody said, it’s multiple angles edited into a single video by the victim’s family.

While I am sympathetic to the Mother and think it is kinda brave to push this and show her son staggering around and pounding on stuff randomly (not hide that part of the video), I can't help thinking that if the races were reversed, the victim's Mom would not have faith in the judicial system and would have returned home to quietly mourn her son knowing that if a black man gets that drunk and runs around the way he did, he is going to get punched like that or worse.

The video also doesn't show an incident that happened prior to the Jones encounter where Szabo was making so much noise that a neighbor came down and they had a confrontation of their own.

Also, while it does look like Jones is the aggressor, it wasn't a multi-punch attack - he confronted him, kind of punched as he ran over him, seemed surprised that he went down like that, and retreated to his car. Not a good look at all, but not a brutal attack either, which is probably why Jones isn't being charged as the Mother desires.

Doesn't sound like the DA has any intention of upgrading the charges based on their statement.

Back