• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Formula 1

They should investigate collusion between Alpha Tauri and Red Bull with that Tsunoda BS today. Really hosed Hamilton/Mercedes.

Hamilton keeps being screwed. They really need to stop allowing tire changes during safety cars and virtual safety cars.

Not sure what they'll prove, but it was as unusual as u see in F1. Without the safety car and all that tire changing, Hamilton likely had it won.
It still doesn't answer the question why Mercedes didn't change Hamilton to softs like the rest of the Leaders. Did Toto elaborate in the post race? Haven't watched that yet.
Meanwhile, another Ferrari error; this time in the pits. When will it end?

Last edited:
Definitely something sketchy with that Tsunoda deal.

Pretty sure Max wins regardless. Hamilton may have had a much better shot before the actual safety car, but think Max still gets both of them with his Softs even with George behind Lewis. But Lewis was also being such a bitch. Guy is not used to not having a #2 driver sacrificial lamb. George made a great call.

Getting rid of pit stops under SC or VSC would be bad. Almost as bad as removing the refueling. Anything that adds variability to the race is good for the sport.

Getting rid of pit stops under SC or VSC would be bad. Almost as bad as removing the refueling. Anything that adds variability to the race is good for the sport.

I agree with this. I personally enjoy the strategy element of pit stops under caution.

It allows undeserving drivers to benefit by sheer luck. It's effectively the reason Verstappen stole the championship last year.

It allows undeserving drivers to benefit by sheer luck. It's effectively the reason Verstappen stole the championship last year.

No argument that it fucked things up last year. They need a rule that any safety car under 5 or 10 laps is a red flag. Latifi single handedly changed the outcome of that race by deciding he had to make a meaningless overtake on Schumacher in the final laps.

How are you defining a deserving driver? It's still a team sport with a ton of luck involved, so the team that's best positioned to take advantage of random situations during the course of a season will fare well. It's also why every team factors in the probability of safety cars into their race strategy.

Would Verstappen be a less deserving driver if he was with McLaren this season?

How are you defining a deserving driver? It's still a team sport with a ton of luck involved, so the team that's best positioned to take advantage of random situations during the course of a season will fare well. It's also why every team factors in the probability of safety cars into their race strategy.

Would Verstappen be a less deserving driver if he was with McLaren this season?

If he won because of luck and the attendant advantages that came with luck/chance (which are easily removed), yes. Completely agree that luck/chance will always play a role -- getting rid the added advantages that come with luck/chance like tire changes during SCs and VSCs would lessen the impact of luck/chance, which should be the goal. As a fan, I don't enjoy watching a 7/8 of a race, and all of the strategy and skill on display to get to that point, only to have it upended by the advantages that come with pure chance resulting in what is an undeserving winner. And that's not to say Verstappen wouldn't have won anyway -- he probably would have -- but it would have been a much better race and he certainly doesn't need any added advantages.

IMO, if there is a VSC or SC, the goal should be that the race is as close to the same as it was prior to the safety cars on restart. It's kind of crazy to me that it's not.

Last edited:
Indycar closes the pits under yellow for safety and competition purposes. But it's not an automatic thing; the stewards have discretion. Drivers can still gain an advantage if they duck into the pits before they're closed and cars can be caught out if they're running out of gas and they can't come in. I prefer the F1 approach. Unexpected issues are part of racing and watching teams deal with those issues adds to the drama. The only way to make things fully "fair" is to run sprint races with spec chassis, engines, and tires.

Nick Devries subbed for Albon today and got points in his debut driving that piece of shit rig. Latifi may as well pack his shit.

Also, the championship is obviously over. Max could very well run the table. Will be interesting to see if he lets Checo win in Mexico.

Happy for DeVries. I feel like I could drop in the Williams for a weekend and out perform Latifi.

Max has it clinched, no doubt. Check has been off form lately but think they seal the constructors' too.

Big battle now is for 2nd.

Christ, Verstappen is a major twat as a teammate. Not giving the spot back to Checo at the end even when given team orders...

Verstappen has always been, and always will be a major twat. Today was an extra level of twattage. His interview afterward wasn't much better.

Jesus McLaren built a shitbox.

Aston Martin was the only team smart enough to copy Red Bull apparently.

Decent showing from Williams.

Back