• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fr. Bob

RevDeac06

OGBoards Chaplain
Reaction score
Some you likely knew Father Bob McGee while at Wake; he was the Episcopal campus minister. If you didn't know him, if you went to Wake in the last 30 years, you at least likely knew of him- he was the priest who wore a cowboy hat and made balloon animals. Anyway, he died this morning and it is a great loss for those of us who knew him and for the entire Wake family. It all unfolded rather quickly, but he is now at peace. I'll post more information once I have it regarding funeral services.

My condolences to all his family and friends. Tis a sad day anytime one of the Wake family passes.

Thats too bad, he was my neighbor across the street. I had not seen him walking dogberry in a week or two.

FWIW, the email WFU sent out:

We are saddened to inform you that the Rev. Bob McGee died in Winston-Salem today, August 30. Rev. McGee was the Episcopal campus minister at Wake Forest for more than 30 years.

We grieve Rev. McGee's death and extend our condolences to his family and friends, as well as those at Wake Forest who had the opportunity to know him.

A service is expected to be held in Wait Chapel. The University will announce details when they are available.

Wake Forest offers support and counseling services for all students, faculty and staff. The Counseling Center may be reached at 758-5273, the Chaplain’s Office at 758-5210. For faculty and staff, there is also the Employee Assistance Program at 716-5493.

Bob's funeral will be Saturday at 2pm in Wait Chapel. Should be a wonderful service celebrating a wonderful and God's power of Resurrection.

I'm sitting here, beginning to craft the sermon for that service. And normally, if I were to be preaching at the funeral of a close friend, and wanted advice on how to start, I'd ask Bob where to begin...

Back