• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frank Haith

Because he hasn't poven to be my guy. I wasn't thrilled that he was our coach.

My position has been the same for almost two years. Let's see if he can do it. Chris even said, my bar of at least 18 wins next year is high.

How can you predict wins when you haven't seen the schedule?

I am more interested to see Haith after this year. Its not a secret that he inherited an extremely talented roster that is senior laden. Lets see what he can do with some of his players. Wish him the best

He lost his best player preseason to a knee injury.

Because he hasn't poven to be my guy. I wasn't thrilled that he was our coach.

My position has been the same for almost two years. Let's see if he can do it. Chris even said, my bar of at least 18 wins next year is high.

If you are the AD and ticket sales, season ticket sales and Deacon Club donations are tanking and there is no excitement about prospects for next year... what do you do? Can you weather the financial storm and stick with him? Because if the finances are sound, you can stick with him. But after a contract extension and subsequent buyout and the financial boat you're in I think you have to think a little outside the box. What say you?

He's in the Bruce Weber scenario right now - taking over a very good roster from a previous coach that is so good he basically can't screw it up. We'll see how good he is starting next year and especially the year after that.

He's in the Bruce Weber scenario right now - taking over a very good roster from a previous coach that is so good he basically can't screw it up. We'll see how good he is starting next year and especially the year after that.

He certainly could screw it up but didn't. Mizzou players have been quoted saying they have never had so much fun playing basketball.

I've heard this story before. It had to do with a service academy.

If you are the AD and ticket sales, season ticket sales and Deacon Club donations are tanking and there is no excitement about prospects for next year... what do you do? Can you weather the financial storm and stick with him? Because if the finances are sound, you can stick with him. But after a contract extension and subsequent buyout and the financial boat you're in I think you have to think a little outside the box. What say you?

As I've said many times (and several people have agreed with me), if we fire [Redacted] after this, we will not get to choose whom we want to take his place.

In the space of three years we will have gotten two top recruiting classes and fired the guy who got them before they ever played for him.

Why would a good coach take a job seeing this? Don't give me ACC, Wake Forest, etc. There will be other big time openings. Plus a good young coach knows he'll have offers next year.

I can't see him leaving for the pros, but this is our only out.

I would be shocked if [Redacted] isn't coaching at Wake next year and at least a little surprised if he isn't coaching here in 2013-2014.

Unless he leaves on his own, [Redacted] will be coaching Wake Forest next year.

13/14 will be dependent on his season.

I expect to see [Redacted] next season. But I'm not convinced the 2012 recruiting class will save him for 2013. Losing Ty Walker for next season basically means we start over in the post with either weak or untested players. That means we'll be the same team offensively and defensively as we've been the last 2 years ( very, very weak on the boards and forced to really on the jumpshot in the half court).

All the prognostications about the effect of the incoming class , no matter how talented they may be are strictly wishful thinking at this point. When's the last time a true freshman actually determined the fate of a Wake Forest season (besides CP3)?....the answer is never.

[Redacted] has to show he's got the leadership and personality to change the program into a winner sometime. If he can't show that next season I think he's gone no matter what message it sends to RJ and the college basketball world. Ever heard the phrase "you can't ride a dead horse to the finish line"?

There are also pictures of the guy with Donna Shalala.

You may be referring to the picture of the guy with Haith AND Shalala.

1313229436.jpg

Last edited:
If memory serves me correctly, the freshman class of helms rogers morgan and johnstone didn't fare too poorly and went on to provevide us with some of the best wake basketball we have seen.

Back