• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fred Robbins Gives Back

That's great. Thanks for the info. Looks like he may have lost weight after retirement as well. Great for him. One of our all-time greats.

Good article. Thanks for posting

The conference speakers presented the statistical reality. Of the more than 1 million prep age football players across the U.S., only 19,549 receive a college scholarship of some sort.

Only 215 of 100,000 high school seniors ever play on an NFL roster. A player is 2,225 times more likely to get struck by lightning — and those odds are rare — than ever playing pro football.

Only 215 of 100,000 high school seniors ever play on an NFL roster. A player is 2,225 times more likely to get struck by lightning — and those odds are rare — than ever playing pro football.

I am no stats wiz but there is something way wrong with those numbers. So ~2 HS players per thousand play on an NFL roster and players are 2,225 times more likely that that to be struck by lighting??

I hope those aren't Big Fred's numbers (or maybe I am just wrong...?)

It may be 215 out of 1,000,000. There are about a million high school football players.

Back