• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Fred Robbins loses home in fire, Go Fund Me Created

He made over $35M in his NFL career. We should certainly be empathetic to his issue, but he doesn't need our financial support.

Insurance is a business. They pay as little as they can get away with and as slow as possible.

Big Fred is all class. A great ambassador for Wake Forest and the Giants. Loves the Deacs. Still does charity work. We should support him financially and otherwise.

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber, you go and do something like this....

He made over $35M in his NFL career. We should certainly be empathetic to his issue, but he doesn't need our financial support.

100% This...
If he doesn't have a few bucks in an emergency fund / credit card for a rental car, some clothes, and hotel then he's done something very very wrong. I'm not insensitive that this sucks. But he doesn't need my money

Wake Forest ought be better than this. Guys wife posts a go fund me and y’all make him into a villain.

Big Fred is a great dude. Whenever he calls me to raise money for charitable causes in Pensacola, I always write him a check. They don’t come much classier than Big Fred. Never been in trouble. All he does is smoke cigars and root for the Deacs and Giants.

At least the Giants fans love him back.

Well hopefully this $52,000 will help him buy a toothbrush and a hotel room for the night.

The damn go fund me page specifically says he’s not the one who is asking. You people don’t even root for or rally around our own. Show a little empathy for the guy and his family even if it’s not with money.

Imagine if y’all got judged based on the words out of your mother in laws’ mouths. I could have a field day on most of you.

The day my MIL starts a GoFundMe for me, I will certainly forward you the link.

Everyone here loves Fred. What exactly do you think he needs money for? Hotel? Clothes? Toiletries?

I can promise you I've got a helluva lot less than he does and I'd be embarrassed if me. My wife. My parents. My in laws. Anyone asked people to donate money to my family. For pretty much any reason. It's tone deaf. Shit like that is meant for people living paycheck to paycheck or with limited savings.

Losing one’s home in a fire sucks, no matter how big or small it was, and how much money you have or don’t have.

Yeah. That's not really what's being discussed. Of course it sucks. But that doesn't mean he needs people fund raising for him. Damn

Imagine if y’all got judged based on the words out of your mother in laws’ mouths. I could have a field day on most of you.

Probably a good thing most of the people on this thread are judging his grifting family instead of Fred himself.

So after seeing this today, I called Fred Robbins to ask if he needed anything.

“No, man, I’m just glad we’re all alive. We lost everything in there but we will be ok and we will get it all replaced. I see our basketball team is doing better. How are you?”

giphy.gif

“No, man, I’m just glad we’re all alive. We lost everything in there but we will be ok and we will get it all replaced. I see our basketball team is doing better. How are you?”

So, he doesn't need anything? Which is the precise point of everyone questioning the GoFundMe?

So he agrees with us, not you.

So he agrees with us, not you.

Hopefully donnie had a momentary lapse when he got upset over a couple jokes by bad and biff. Clearly no harm was intended. At least no one said he doesn't need to hide his keys anymore.

Hopefully donnie had a momentary lapse when he got upset over a couple jokes by bad and biff. Clearly no harm was intended. At least no one said he doesn't need to hide his keys anymore.

Oh I’m pretty sure he knows. Seems like a ploy to use that name drop

Wow! Donald Ross knows a football player! I’m so impressed! Please tell us other cool people that you know.

If this thread isn't a Robert Trent Jones batsignal I don't know what is. LMAO

Back