• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Free Throws... MD: 37 | Wake: 13

He made one funny comment. Get over yourself.

Some maths:

18/(18+27)=40%

10/(10+24)=29.4%

So, 40% of the time Maryland got their own rebound; 29.4% of the time we got our own rebound. If we held them to 29.4% then:

29.4%*(18+27)=13.23

So, in short, they essentially nabbed 5 extra offensive rebounds. 5 extra possessions in a game decided by 6 points. You can't say that wasn't a difference maker. Wasn't the only one, but it definitely impacted the game.

I rewatched portions of the game and I don't know why this is the case, but the players aren't crashing the glass on either side of the ball. On defense McKie and to some extent Walker and Carson will go hard to the glass and try to put a body on their man while the other guys just ballwatch. On offense nobody besides the 5 and sometimes Travis will go for the ball while everyone else just backtrack towards halfcourt.

I don't know if they are lazy or if [Redacted] is telling them to get back on defense, but this needs to be addressed, pointed out and fixed because it's not just that we're not getting the board, we're not even trying.

I understand wanting to get back on defense, but there is really no excuse for everyone not to hit boards on the other end of the court. We aren't trying to run an up tempo offense here (in fact, quite the opposite now that we're in ACC play it seems).

Giving up 18 offensive rebounds is the problem here imo (as opposed to only getting 10).

Having watched the game in person, the refs were calling bullshit fouls on both sides of the court. The difference is, the fouls all came in a short amount of time against the Deacs (early in the second half), whereas they called a few garbage fouls against Maryland in the waning moments.

Does watching the game in person mean you watched the game more better than the rest of us?

The fouls didn't go our way. Some were cheap, some were from lack of position... but to say they were calling crappy fouls both ways is inaccurate.

This thread (and all of the ref comments/threads) sound like NCSU circa 2003. Pitiful.

Does watching the game in person mean you watched the game more better than the rest of us?

The fouls didn't go our way. Some were cheap, some were from lack of position... but to say they were calling crappy fouls both ways is inaccurate.

Maryland didn't have a single field goal in the last 5 minutes of the game, yet they increased their lead, despite us scoring points. There's nothing "inaccurate" about your failure to recognize bullshit fouls. Please continue pointing out our bad positioning though, reff.

Maryland didn't have a single field goal in the last 5 minutes of the game, yet they increased their lead, despite us scoring points. There's nothing "inaccurate" about your failure to recognize bullshit fouls. Please continue pointing out our bad positioning though, reff.

What the hell are you talking about? I was responding to Phillydeac's assertion that the refs were calling crappy fouls both ways (they weren't). Simmer down, nancy.

What the hell are you talking about? I was responding to Phillydeac's assertion that the refs were calling crappy fouls both ways (they weren't). Simmer down, nancy.

sorry, that was a drunk post. Reading your post sober, it makes a lot more sense.

A public thanks to JManslow. I accidently wounded a meth dealer in the Waffle House parking lot by mistake.

Back