• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Friend makes NFL...is now rich

LOL at the tag. Yes, I'm arguing that we should use the actual definition of words when discussing them. Words like "middle" that surely don't mean 95th percentile qualify as well.

yeah and that was the whole point of this argument. That you arent in the middle class if you have a household income of 150k

If you scored in the 95% on a standardized test I would say you are smart, not average.

Unless its a NC EOG test... 99th percentile or bust

That was definitely a worry but I think he makes it due to the fact the Packers prize really versatile guys who can play special teams. He can play TE, FB, Hback and played LB in college.

McCarthy seems to love the rookie TEs for what it's worth, and they've been getting a lot of reps with the first two teams with Finley being held out a bit longer and Quarless still being held out with injuries.

They'll probably keep four TEs. Unfortunately for your friend, I think it will be Finley, Quarless, Crabtree, and DJ. And they'll move Spencer Havner to LB.

Also, if this guy is living in Green Bay, he's rich, bitch.

Last edited:
His definitions came from the actual definitions of rich/wealthy and income/assets.

That's fine, but I just looked them both up on dictionary.com which defined wealthy as rich and defined rich as wealthy. Most people use the terms interchangeably.

The gap between the top 5 percent and the the rest of the country isn't very big. The gap between the top 2 percent and the rest of the country is staggering. I think that's what people don't understand - the top 5 percent is very close to the median still.

2005income_less_than_5_million.gif

assuming those marks are 50k, making 150k puts you in pretty select company.

Shouldn't middle-class be, you know, the middle third?

I would wager no one on this board made $2mm in their 20s. And supposedly we are all educated and capable, so the dude is doing alright for himself.

even if you go by the typical quartiles here are the low point cutoffs.
lowest
$0

Second quartile
$18,500

third quartile
$34,738

4th quartile
$55,331

5th quartile
$88,030

so that means 20% of households is within each level.

The moral of this story is:

While you may not think you're all that rich, there are plenty of women out there who think you are. Be careful.

Again, these words are all about perspective... I think the middle class is generally defined very broadly to include most people in the country - at least when you are grouping lower middle class, middle class and upper middle class all together. "Poor" and "Rich" include everyone else. Poor can be broken into "truly poor" - which includes the homeless and people living on government programs - and the "working poor" which includes laborers, minimum wage folks and others that are just making enough to live. Above that you start with lower middle class.

To get above upper middle class to "rich" I think you have to get into the top 3-4% - folks with large investments, possibly multiple houses, no financial concerns, etc. Being "rich" is not all about income - it is about all the other stuff - assets, lack of debt, etc. I disagree with PhDeac here, I think 'rich' and 'wealthy' are the same thing.

Like I said before, a large income may allow one to live like they are rich, but, if they lose their job and are immediately in trouble, they weren't really 'rich'.

all this because he put ".....is now rich" in the thread title.

Back