• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Frozen Planet

WakeDogg

Reaction score
have no idea how there's not a thread on this already. maybe i missed it.

it's the same group that made Planet Earth, and it's equally incredible. like jaw-dropping, breath-taking, eye-popping incredible. it's the reason you have that sweet tv in your living room. i would say Sunday's episode (the first one) was arguably better than any one episode of Planet Earth, and that's saying a lot. the Killer Whales using waves was maybe the craziest thing i've ever seen. i don't want to spoil it but suffice it to say it's amazing and i know anyone else who watched it agrees. took 4 years to put it together and it shows.

if you missed it, it'll replay on Discovery this Sunday night before the new episode. HIGHLY recommend it. Planet Earth but focusing on the North and South poles. a few episodes lined up: Intro (last Sunday), Spring, Fall, Making of, and Climate change. Alec Baldwin narrates. remarkable stuff.... go watch!

My dad emailed me about this and I promptly set my DVR for this coming week to see the first episode and the new ones. Really excited to check it out based on what I've been hearing.

I enjoy the wild series. I think they have Russia, Amazon, and China. They look great on the tv.

I'm stoked for this. I've dvr'd the first episode, and loved Planet Earth. I hope my dogs enjoy this one as much as they did Planet Earth.

8pm tonight!

(way too much good tv on Sundays now, but this is a must watch/record)

I loved Planet Eart, and am going to have to investigate if Frozen Planet is playing where I am

first 2 hours was better than this one, but still amazing stuff. the time lapse panning shots are so amazing to see. also can't believe how powerful those ramming battles were...

FYI there is a marathon of the whole series on right now with the finale on at 8 tonight. Great TV for a rainy Sunday afternoon.

Caught part of the marathon I think, had a piece on Killer Whales. Those things are crazy smart, and ruthless to boot.

I caught the first ep, have the rest DVR'd.

The penguins stealing each others rocks was legit LOL funny.

the stuff with the ice melting and flowing into the ocean at such an alarming speed was pretty terrifying. I don't understand why we can't get smart people on this to come up with some sort of solution/plan. Also, not to get political but some fox news show was on when I was at the gym recently, I think it was called the five or some shit. But basically all these people on this panel were talking about how global climate change doesnt exist. I was like wut???? people really still contest that?

Last edited:
Nobody disputes that the climate is changing. People do dispute whether humans are the cause of said change.

the stuff with the ice melting and flowing into the ocean at such an alarming speed was pretty terrifying. I don't understand why we can't get smart people on this to come up with some sort of solution/plan. Also, not to get political but some fox news show was on when I was at the gym recently, I think it was called the five or some shit. But basically all these people on this panel were talking about how global climate change doesnt exist. I was like wut???? people really still contest that?

There's a simple solution: Stop burning so many fossil fuels.

Of course, getting that done is much harder, thanks in large part to "climate change deniers" who are really just supporters of Big Oil/limited government.

Back