• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

FSU game - motel help

HONDO2

Reaction score
Sorry to jump ahead but is that weekend perhaps Family Weekend ?

Just decided to go to the game but tried 8-9 places in W-S and all are sold-out. Suggestions welcome.

Kinda depends on what your requirements are. First we need to know: How old are you ?

We've stayed/driven up from Lexington before when rooms were tight in W-S.

Lots of options near GSO. It would be about 35 - 40 minutes to the stadium area (depending on gameday traffic).

If you are just starting to look, you’re hosed. All of the hotel rooms in the area are tied up because of the annual furniture market in Punto Alto.

Thanks all....found a room at the lovely Rodeway Inn. Think maybe I'll bring a set of linens.

Anyone have an insight to game time? Some of you are pretty good at narrowing that info down.

FSU generally gets a lot of ESPN/ABC games but if they lose to Clemson they're going to be .500 entering the game so it's possible that Wake could be the "bigger" draw as far as storyline (not by actual viewers). I'd ballpark 3:30 as the spot since Wake is on ACCN next week at night. Don't see it as a nooner at all.

Thanks all....found a room at the lovely Rodeway Inn. Think maybe I'll bring a set of linens.

You would have been better off getting a room in Clemmons if available. Village Inn may even have a shuttle to the game.

Wife and I are staying at one of the GSO hotels. $250 for the Courtyard near BB&T is ridiculous.

Agreed. The Courtyard by the stadium has those shitty window AC units that rattle all night. We stayed at the Embassy Suites earlier this season and that place has become a dump. Very dated, musty, etc.with a lousy breakfast buffet. We then stayed at the Marriott downtown for the UNC game. They have been renovating their rooms and floors and is now quite nice. Much, much better than Embassy and gives the Kimpton a run for the money.

Back